Woman who killed cyclist gets suspended sentence

manxb&b

All those commenting on whether the sentence is right or wrong need to remember that unless you were sat in court for the whole case, you haven't heard all the evidence and therefore are basing your views based on the limited information carried by the media.

Why would you think that that is the only information people have.

It's a small Island and most of us know a Policeman, a Medic, a Lawyer etc.

Don't kid yourself that people don't know more than you do.

Let's also not forget that this forum small Island is a hotbed of scurrilous gossip, chinese whispers and people who have an urgent tendency to make up what they don't know ... thumbsup.gif

Na, you're getting mixed up with facebook smile.png

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spook whilst I understand you believe you know everything and enjoy telling us so, you do not know the full facts of this case. May I suggest you stick to commenting on matters you know about.

Sometimes a thing, and this is one, can be reduced to the bare essentials and everything else is irrelevant when it comes to what should happen.

The way some cyclists behave, no reference to the lady who was killed, it is a wonder that there are not more accidents, pavements, lights, not applicable to them and riding in packs or two abreast, they do themselves no favours.

nothing better than bringing out the old classic excuses for cyclists....get yourself out there and give it a go and see for yourself. Then you'll really understand.....

The way some cyclists behave, no reference to the lady who was killed, it is a wonder that there are not more accidents, pavements, lights, not applicable to them and riding in packs or two abreast, they do themselves no favours.

Honestly officer, they were riding two abreast, and although I saw them clearly and in plenty of time, they were going to slow me down, therefore I had no option but to run them over, although I admit the one on the pavement was a bit harder to hit.

They do themselves no favours, and they involved me in this accident.

Roads are dangerous places. Cars at least offer an element of protection to their drivers, and an element of visibility to other drivers.

Motorbikes less so, but they are at least able to keep up with traffic and so create less of a problem for most road users in terms of traffic speed and flow.

Bicycles are the worst of all worlds for all of the reasons above. They should not be allowed on the roads both for their own protection and for the protection of other road users.

It is irresponsible of the Government to allow cyclists to put themselves, and others, in harms way by allowing them to freely mix with bigger, faster and more dangerous traffic.

And talk of a 'passing' law of 1,5m distance is simply nonsense on an Island where the majority of our roads are barely big enough to accommodate two way traffic.

What's needed is a network of cycle lanes, and a mandatory requirement for cyclists to remain on them.

Bicycles are the worst of all worlds for all of the reasons above. They should not be allowed on the roads both for their own protection and for the protection of other road users.

It is irresponsible of the Government to allow cyclists to put themselves, and others, in harms way by allowing them to freely mix with bigger, faster and more dangerous traffic.

Oh don't be so silly.

Roads are dangerous places. Cars at least offer an element of protection to their drivers, and an element of visibility to other drivers.

Motorbikes less so, but they are at least able to keep up with traffic and so create less of a problem for most road users in terms of traffic speed and flow.

And talk of a 'passing' law of 1,5m distance is simply nonsense on an Island where the majority of our roads are barely big enough to accommodate two way traffic.

What's needed is a network of cycle lanes, and a mandatory requirement for cyclists to remain on them.

I think you'll find horses are the worst of all worlds.

Oh and you're a crackpot.

Sometimes a thing, and this is one, can be reduced to the bare essentials and everything else is irrelevant when it comes to what should happen.

See, there's your whole problem, right there spook, in one easily quotable sentence.

In what way?

Archived