Inflation down to -1.5%

Jam_Sandwich

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really do not want to pick a silly argument. You are absolutely correct that the Government are imposing high extra costs on us. This is of course a factor of inflation. In reality though, costs at the moment are not in general increasing. This may change in years to come. No one knows.

In a perfect world (wishful thinking), lower fuel prices should eventually feed reduction into the cost of virtually everything as regards manufacture, transport etc.

However, in the real world of prices that rise like a rocket and fall like a feather it will take some time, if ever, for that to happen.

In the meantime, this is IoM. Where the local cost of living is primarily being driven upwards by increases in Govt-imposed taxes and charges that impact on virtually everything and everybody and have less to do with the real cost of matters and everything to do with the economic hole that Govt has dug for itself and appears hell-bent on digging even deeper - the Antipodes appear to beckon. Rather than addressing the costs of Govt itself.

• 4 years later...
On 8/7/2015 at 11:51 AM, x-in-man said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.. they make this stuff up.

Taxed a car last month, paid more. Filled it up, paid more. insured it, paid more. Had a burger, paid more. Bought some work shirts, paid more. Got the 'leccy bill, paid more.

This.

Here we go again: https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/cpi-shows-deflation-in-june/

Our weekly food shopping bill has increased by at least 11% since January. So how the feck did they work that out? Does the OFT actually go out to the shops and do a physical check on prices?? I don't think they do.

Archived