Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not shit, it is the unvarnished truth.

I should, perhaps, have been more specific by qualifying the reference to "no matter who they sign" - as I really only meant it to refer to players that would actually sign for Manchester United. If Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez tired of their bigger clubs and became the Man U front line then I suspect they might actually win it. This, however, is no more realistic a scenario than The Flash, Superman and Billy the Fish playing for them: if you restrict the statement to people who would actually be prepared to play for them, they they have absolutely no chance.

I hope that clears thing up for you.

I wouldn't let your Scum hate get in the way of your rational thinking. They do have a chance, but I think they're reliant more on Chelsea (and maybe City) having a bad season than them having a great one to put them in the hunt.

I wouldn't start ruling any of those three (plus Arsenal) until after Xmas and you can see how the new faces have settled into the teams. Utd have one more big signing in them on the front though.

It's not shit, it is the unvarnished truth.

I should, perhaps, have been more specific by qualifying the reference to "no matter who they sign" - as I really only meant it to refer to players that would actually sign for Manchester United. If Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez tired of their bigger clubs and became the Man U front line then I suspect they might actually win it. This, however, is no more realistic a scenario than The Flash, Superman and Billy the Fish playing for them: if you restrict the statement to people who would actually be prepared to play for them, they they have absolutely no chance.

I hope that clears thing up for you.

Spoken like a truely deluded bitter and irrational Liverpile fan.

Your statement was shit. Glad you admitted it.

As for United, they are the biggest club in world football. Everyone knows that. Sure, they face the challenge that all english clubs do in that the UK isn't the most attractive place to ply your trade. In addition we are seeing a diminishing appetite from footballers in terms of aspiring to play for a truely great club like United. They'd rather play for Rubin Kazan if the money is on offer.

United COULD win the league this year. They are probably a couple of players short at the moment but it wouldn't be impossible to recruit those players. They certainly have depth in the squad.

You shouldn't forget too that they are in process of rebuilding one of the most successful domestic squads ever (5 leagues in 7 seasons and could have been 7, a CL win and two other finals) and these things take a bit of time. They are also competing against unlimited budgets of the oil rich playthings so it isn't easy. (a bigger issue for the likes of Liverpool who are now reduced to signing second tier players and losing their best players every season).

To write them off just stinks of bitterness (and being clueless).

As for United, they are the biggest club in world football. Everyone knows that.

I agree with everything else you say, but unfortunately you're wrong about this. Utd fans keep shouting it, but it's no longer true. Pretty much every metric of measuring football clubs puts you in third, behind Real and Barcelona.

As for United, they are the biggest club in world football. Everyone knows that.

I agree with everything else you say, but unfortunately you're wrong about this. Utd fans keep shouting it, but it's no longer true. Pretty much every metric of measuring football clubs puts you in third, behind Real and Barcelona.

As an Aston Villa fan (and myself as an Everton fan) don't you find it bizarre watching people argue about supporting "the biggest club in the world" ?

That actually isn't true.

The only metric putting them ahead is revenue but that is about to change for a couple of reasons. United will go to the top this year anyway (they'll have CL income, the Adidas deal starting and other large commercial deals they have signed up in the last 12 months) but also the TV deal in Spain is being altered I believe (Real and Barca get a huge portion of it). If United had the same type of deal as Real and Barca have had they'd be turning over several hundred million more.

One thing is certain though - both those clubs are a more attractive destination for anyone although I've a feeling english football is about to move back towards being a more competitive power in Europe given the obscene TV deal kicking in.

As an Aston Villa fan (and myself as an Everton fan) don't you find it bizarre watching people argue about supporting "the biggest club in the world" ?

I personally don't care that much but Tugger was speaking utter shit and needed pulling.

Typical Liverpool fan. You can tell.

Then I don't know how you're measuring the size of your club when it's not the top in terms of financial value or popularity. If you're planning on dismissing metrics that don't suit your narrative, you should probably try to come up with some of your own.

Why is it so important to a football club fan to have some twitter followers in Singapore?

I know financially it makes sense for a club to do all that but as a supporter why should I give a toss with regards the size of the club? If Man Utd were Premiership Champions you wouldn't give 2 figs about that listing either cause you'd be keyboard warrioring your way to a gloat party about being champions.

Then I don't know how you're measuring the size of your club when it's not the top in terms of financial value or popularity. If you're planning on dismissing metrics that don't suit your narrative, you should probably try to come up with some of your own.

The metrics I would use are in relation to commercial contracts. (and I'm not talking about fictitious ones made up by Man City owners other companies).

United are the biggest brand in world football. That is why they have commercial deals like no other club. Companies are willing to pay United much more than anyone else for a reason - because they are the biggest. Adidas are paying United two and half times more than Chelsea for example.

A strong Euro also had kept Real and Barca's revenues slightly higher than United. I fully expect United to top the revenue list in the next year or so.

Rhumsaa - Why should anyone give a toss over the size of their club? I guess they shouldn't other than if you want your club to compete at the sharp end the way football has gone then size does matter sadly. You can tell Tugger is struggling with that as a Liverhoof fan because they are now a second tier club. Tell him size doesn't matter.

Archived