Premiership 2015/16

ans

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Real stitched United up big time ...flirted with them over De Gea, thus preventing United selling him to anyone else, saved themselves 20 odd million transfer fee ..now United left millions down with a keeper that doesn't want to play for them ..The only thing they got to cling to is the hope he joins Barca next year instead- which he won't ...amateurs

Clueless comment.

Real thought United would sell on the cheap after United had told them only a world record keeper bid would seal the deal. Real panicked when they realised United were happy to keep him and go for free.

United were not 'prevented' from selling him. It's the players choice. Ten clubs could have bid the 30m United wanted but De Gea could have said no to all of them.

The only thing in Uniteds control was that they were happy for him to go on a free next summer unless they got the fee.

The only thing I think United did wrong was not completely draw a line under it by the end of July.

United retain the services of one of the top three goal keepers in world football for 60k a week for another year.

The only team stitched up was Real by their own silly antics. United played the blinder really. Real offloaded their first choice keeper (embarrassingly), had to give Ramos something they didn't want too and lost out on De Gea.

And you think United were stitched up?

If Chevrolet could get on Real Madrid's shirts for the same money, they'd be on them.

When Real wants Portuguese players that Man U wants to keep, Real gets them (wouldn't sell them a virus, but would sell them one of the two best players in the world, because those guys know who the big clubs are)

When Real wants Spanish players that Man U wants to keep, Real gets them (on a free, if Real wants, so it seems)

When Man U wants British players that Real wants to keep, Real keeps them.

Etc etc

If Chevrolet could get on Real Madrid's shirts for the same money, they'd be on them.

When Real wants Portuguese players that Man U wants to keep, Real gets them (wouldn't sell them a virus, but would sell them one of the two best players in the world, because those guys know who the big clubs are)

When Real wants Spanish players that Man U wants to keep, Real gets them (on a free, if Real wants, so it seems)

When Man U wants British players that Real wants to keep, Real keeps them.

Etc etc

Chevrolet wanted the biggest brand in the game and paid a world record fee for the privilege. They had no interest in Real Madrid or they'd have been there at a fraction of the price 12 months earlier.

And United have sold two players to Real Madrid that they didn't want to sell them.

Cunningham and Ronaldo. De Gea is a United player which hurts I am sure.

Not sure why though. As a Liverpool fan you should be worried about taking more Southampton players to stay ahead of them. Or West Brom and Palace maybe. As a supporter of a second tier club why worry about the top tier?

Try telling your Shite to Adidas and Chevrolet who actually KNOW United are the biggest club on the planet.

And there....in a nutshell is the problem with the game....the size of the club is determined by the ability for it to be monetised (not sure this is even a word!).....footballing ability/enjoyment is a side issue.

Yeah yeah I know...bitter blue....ill get back in me box now!!

Try telling your Shite to Adidas and Chevrolet who actually KNOW United are the biggest club on the planet.

And there....in a nutshell is the problem with the game....the size of the club is determined by the ability for it to be monetised (not sure this is even a word!).....footballing ability/enjoyment is a side issue.

Yeah yeah I know...bitter blue....ill get back in me box now!!

Blues aren't bitter ml. Lovely to see them piss Chelsea off.

They had won more European Cups by 1960 than Man U ever will.

I understand why people use European Cups as a measure of successful clubs but let's remember that some of the best United teams in recent history were hindered by the "foreigners" rules which identified Welsh, Scottish & Northern Irish players as foreign. The way United's squad was at the time meant it was often shorn of it's biggest stars for European games resulting in underwhelming performances.

Going back further IIRC another period of United dominance coincided with a ban on English clubs entering the European Cup.

More recently the change in format to the Champions League has resulted in no team retaining the Champions League/European Cup as it is now much more demanding with many more games.

Archived