Premiership 2015/16

ans

No topic for this yet?

First day done, no big surprises although Chelsea drawing raises an eyebrow.

My predictions:

Top 4

Chelsea

Man Utd

Arsenal

Man City

Relegated:

Sunderland

Bournemouth

West Brom

Top Scorer:

Alexis Sanchez

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top 4

Liverpool

Chelsea

Man C

Man U

Europa

Everton

Southampton

Spurs

Relegated

Leicester

Sunderland

Watford

First manager to go will be Watford's. It's a revolving door there, they had four last season and changed again in the summer. And that's a season they were promoted.

I'm tipping Arsenal to win the league, Liverpool to make the top four at the expense of Man Utd, Swansea, Crystal Palace, Stoke and Southampton all to finish ahead of Spurs and Everton (although signing Shaqiri might change my mind), and Aston Villa to go down,

Benteke is going to score loads of goals, and Cech is going to help stop a load, these are the two most significant transfers of the summer.

The best comment I've seen in the build up to the new season was from an irate Utd fan kicking off about LVG "He's just a strict Brendan Rodgers".

Rodgers and LVG couldn't be more different in my opinion.

One is an experienced pioneering winner. The other thinks he is.

Chelsea will be the team to beat if they get as lucky as they did last season with back four injuries. Or lack of them.

United have a very good squad which I don't believe they have finished adding to. If they land Pedro it makes a difference and defensively if they can find a good partner for Smalling (who is rapidly maturing into a very good defender ) they could challenge too.

City look heavily Aguero reliant to me still. Very very average defence too.

Arsenal look capable but then again they always do. A decent run on injuries and they'll be tough to beat.

Liverpool are a distance from these four. Expect them to be fifth at best but wouldn't be surprised to see them lower. They've lost their best player and generally bought average players. If you'd have told a Liverpool fan twelve months ago Sterling would be gone and in his place you would have Benteke and 3m quid they would have cried.

I disagree about Sterling, most of the Liverpool fans I know think they got way more than he's worth and not one of them thought he was their best player. What you've just described, swapping Sterling for Benteke and 16.5m cash (where did you get 3m from?), is daylight robbery.

Liverpool got 45m and rest based on certain criteria.

They had to give QPR 20% of it so that leaves 36m.

Liverpool fans would say that. He was their best player. They'll tell you a very inconsistent Coutinho is but that is bollocks. He'll be off next.

Ans Sturridge has chronic injury issues.

Benteke will score some goals. Not that Liverpool play a style that suits his best game so it will be interesting to see how he does when it matters.

And whilst City overpaid for Sterling Liverpool did exactly that for Benteke. Reminds me of the Torres deal. Massive overpay spunked on Carroll who was worth about 10m not 35m as proven..

Top Seven:

Man. City

Chelsea

Man. Utd

Arsenal

Spurs

Liverpool

Stoke

FA Cup:

Chelsea

Relegated:

Bournemouth

Sunderland

Norwich

Even though I think Watford will stay up, can't disagree with Declan about them being the first to sack the manager.

Top 4

Chelsea

Arsenal

Man C

Man U

Europa

Liverpool

Southampton

Spurs

Relegated

Aston Villa

Sunderland

Watford

First manager sacked Bobby Martinez

I'm going to wait until the window closes. I think if United get a decent start and recruit a couple more players they can win it. But, upfront especially, they needs something else.

I expect the top four to be the same as last year. Liverpool will be fifth/sixth. Palace look like a side that will make the most improvement.

Bournemouth will go down. They have no intention of staying up and I can understand that. The promotion was worth £130m plus to them and they can go back down a much stronger outfit and build to come back up and make a proper go of staying up.

Sunderland to join them.

And probably one of Norwich and Watford. I'd say Watford if I had to pick one.

Manchester United have absolutely no chance of winning the league, no matter who they sign.

And yet they have three points from the opening game of the season and are therefore level with Manchester City & Liverpool and ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal. It is a long season and judging by the opening weekend there are going to be plenty of surprise results.

I also don't think Manchester United will win the league this season, however, if the team settles and gels then they will be challenging for the title. In my opinion the biggest problem that Manchester United have at the moment is the future of David De Gea and the lack of a world class centre back.

Archived