...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

Uhtred

The Uhtred politicalchancerometer has been plugged in and the hamster is running around the wheel...the printout suggests that Hanson and Boot are the front runners....place your bets. (And of course feel free to mock, criticize, roll your eyes, choke etc etc. You can even voice support for all of any of these fine men and woman.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/the-six-who-want-to-be-an-mhk-in-september-s-by-elections-1-7404092

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Uhtred politicalchancerometer has been plugged in and the hamster is running around the wheel...the printout suggests that Hanson and Boot are the front runners....place your bets. (And of course feel free to mock, criticize, roll your eyes, choke etc etc. You can even voice support for all of any of these fine men and woman.http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/the-six-who-want-to-be-an-mhk-in-september-s-by-elections-1-7404092

Any race in which either Hanson or Boot are frontrunners is no race worth having.

I agree wholeheartedly and started the thread in the earnest wish of generating posts like yours.

Boot appears to have had a massive falling out with his English electorate (& turned the cannon on his castle to face towards them I read)

I await stories of close contact with the Manx electorate with some considerable anticipation

The Uhtred politicalchancerometer has been plugged in and the hamster is running around the wheel...the printout suggests that Hanson and Boot are the front runners....place your bets. (And of course feel free to mock, criticize, roll your eyes, choke etc etc. You can even voice support for all of any of these fine men and woman.http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/isle-of-man-news/the-six-who-want-to-be-an-mhk-in-september-s-by-elections-1-7404092

Any race in which either Hanson or Boot are frontrunners is no race worth having.

I agree wholeheartedly and started the thread in the earnest wish of generating posts like yours.

Just like the Amy Burns thread then.

The thread offers an opportunity for comment of any complexion. As it happens I'm underwhelmed by the candidates but that won't be true for everyone. The Burns thread was based on the premise that her candidature would generate a spectrum of opinion...and likely comedic opportunity. I wasn't wrong on either count.

The thread offers an opportunity for comment of any complexion. As it happens I'm underwhelmed by the candidates but that won't be true for everyone. The Burns thread was based on the premise that her candidature would generate a spectrum of opinion...and likely comedic opportunity. I wasn't wrong on either count.

Most of the candidates are underwhelming in this race. Leslie might throw up some comic gems as the campaign unravels though. It depends what time they do the interviews. Ray Harmer, however, appears to be a good candidate who is unlikely to get the votes despite being on the Commissioners.

Thanks for that. I confess I actually don't know much about a couple of the Peel candidates, Harmer being one. I'll be relying on posters here, and my Peel based friends, for insightful assessment!

Most of the candidates are underwhelming in this race. Leslie might throw up some comic gems as the campaign unravels though. It depends what time they do the interviews. Ray Harmer, however, appears to be a good candidate who is unlikely to get the votes despite being on the Commissioners.

I agree that Ray Harmer is a very good candidate. If he is unlucky enough not to be successful this time round, I'd recommend he stands again in September next year for the two-seater

Neither of the Glenfaba candidates will have a chance in the general election, I wouldn't have thought

Archived