...And they're off...in the Peel and Glenfaba steeplechase

Uhtred

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone know why mrs Hardman is indeed Hardman when that husband was two marriages ago ? Bit odd.

This is all getting a bit personal. Fair play if someone like Pownall makes a complete and utter twat out of himself on Facebook with his comments, but what has anyone's surname got to do with anything?

Anyone know why mrs Hardman is indeed Hardman when that husband was two marriages ago ? Bit odd.

This is all getting a bit personal. Fair play if someone like Pownall makes a complete and utter twat out of himself on Facebook with his comments, but what has anyone's surname got to do with anything?

It was relevant on here when it came to our Aimes

Wasn't it you who dug out the registry records and posted them? She created her own goldfish bowl of nastiness and got it back 100%, I dont see the same issue here.

Wasn't it you who dug out the registry records and posted them? She created her own goldfish bowl of nastiness and got it back 100%, I dont see the same issue here.

I posted the BDM records that did show she was born here, it was not me that brought up her original name or whether or not she was Manx.

To be honest, if Chutney wants to ask that question, I don't see the problem with it.

I posted the BDM records that did show she was born here, it was not me that brought up her original name or whether or not she was Manx.

To be honest, if Chutney wants to ask that question, I don't see the problem with it.

Not strictly true

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58904-amys-in-the-race/?p=996482

You brought up the name very clearly in a list of births on the day, and then said in a subsequent post that searching by name was fruitless. So you very clearly did what you said you didn't,

How is a person's name/name change relevant to anything?

I don't get the "he/she changed their name and so did I so that makes us all equal" thing.

(actually I do, it's because a poster on manxforums happened once to think it was relevant and thereby reduced the whole of manxforums to baby eating LibVan devil worshippers)

How is a person's name/name change relevant to anything?

I don't get the "he/she changed their name and so did I so that makes us all equal" thing.

(actually I do, it's because a poster on manxforums happened once to think it was relevant and thereby reduced the whole of manxforums to baby eating LibVan devil worshippers)

I'm not trying to rip JT apart as the only person who didn't seem to know about the De-Yoxall history seemed to be Amy herself. But JT posted that at the time. Unless someone wants to add something in relation to this naming situation it seems to be different and not relevant. I don't think it's right that people's personal lives are ripped apart unless, like Amy, they firmly asked for it first.

I simply asked because I've never known it before. If I knew the thinking behind it I may well use that information to decide whether their character traits are suitable to represent me as an MHK. policies and the shit posted through my door give me no idea who the person really is. What they do in life and the decisions they make do. I didn't ask why she suddenly resigned from the commissioners as I have been told and thought it inappropriate to mention. Now someone's stuck a pin my arse I will.

I simply asked because I've never known it before. If I knew the thinking behind it I may well use that information to decide whether their character traits are suitable to represent me as an MHK. policies and the shit posted through my door give me no idea who the person really is. What they do in life and the decisions they make do. I didn't ask why she suddenly resigned from the commissioners as I have been told and thought it inappropriate to mention. Now someone's stuck a pin my arse I will.

Someone who has been married more than once will have undoubtedly changed their name a few times. Why they keep one name over another is usually a personal matter. Usually it's children so that a woman retains the same surname as her children as they go through school. Maybe that's not the case here. I genuinely don't know. But it's far removed from the Amy situation brought up by JT.

I call BS on this, btw... He's bragging about how well off he is, but he lives in a little flat and is constantly whinging that he wants to move out but he can't sell it.

I would ask him - if you don't get elected, will you still donate all your wages to cancer research? And how much have you already donated up to now? I would ask him that, if I thought there was any hope of getting an honest answer.

Archived