Heart goes out to France

malebrain

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bush and Blair are not to blame or a justification for these acts.

No. But they were responsible for stirring up a hornet's nest. Everyone who supported that war shares that responsibility.

Ditto Syria, Libya, Egypt etc. It's a mistake to undermine established govts and to create a vacuum unless there is a definite plan for what happens the day after.

Regrettably, Addie, and not wanting to be glib, but even the best goalkeeper lets some past. Andrew Parker (the director of the Security Service) said as much in his interview on the "Today Programme' a few months ago. There will be atrocities from time to time, all we can do is be as effective as we can at preventing them.

I agree about Schengen, though. It will probably go.

These attacks will continue until the happy situation that Chinahand describes actually comes about, and that is a long way off, in my opinion.

You have just come up with the best argument yet for the earth being flat chinahand. Hundreds of thousands of innocent people murdered throughout the middle east but we should all unite over 150 people in the west . The murder of innocents is wrong wherever it happens and until we all fully accept that fact there will always be terrorist attacks on our own innocents like this one

Woolley, What do refugees have to gain from making themselves unwelcome with acts of violence committed against the host country, and where do refugees obtain automatic weapons and bombs?

Come on, Gerry. You aren't that gullible, surely? Oh, sorry, you think the Earth's flat too. Carry on.

Heart goes out to France indeed. Terrible. Terrible. What to do? Let's organise a petition to bring in more Muslims. That should help.

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood.'"

Oh dear, yes that ought to help foster reconciliation.

'It Ain't Necessarily So' is a preferable quotation, especially as it refers to theology and the interpretation of the Bible.

Regrettably, Addie, and not wanting to be glib, but even the best goalkeeper lets some past. Andrew Parker (the director of the Security Service) said as much in his interview on the "Today Programme' a few months ago. There will be atrocities from time to time, all we can do is be as effective as we can at preventing them.

I agree about Schengen, though. It will probably go.

These attacks will continue until the happy situation that Chinahand describes actually comes about, and that is a long way off, in my opinion.

Schengen going will be a good thing. One of the few good things coming out of this. The "happy situation" will not come about because innocents have always been killed and they always will be. All that has happened is that recent generations have been spared from it and have become complacent encouraged by their war weary grandparents, and socially liberal states. Now is the time that they are being brought face to face with the realities faced by people in other parts of the world down the centuries. The guard is down and it needs to be built up quickly. It won't be, though.

Heart goes out to France indeed. Terrible. Terrible. What to do? Let's organise a petition to bring in more Muslims. That should help.

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding; like the Roman, I seem to see 'the River Tiber foaming with much blood.'"

Oh dear, yes that ought to help foster reconciliation.

'It Ain't Necessarily So' is a preferable quotation, especially as it refers to theology and the interpretation of the Bible.

Why face reality when we can carry on dreaming?

ok right you are sultan

up to 150 people are dead and all you can do is blame Blair and bush. terrorist attacks were happening long before the war on terror began. how about blaming the scum responsible for this

I don't have any problem with what I said. Why do you think they hate the west? Because of scum like Blair and Bush. Why do you think they are killing people in football stadiums and restaurants? Because our governments are have killed and are killing their people in football stadiums and restaurants. It is not difficult to work out what the cause of the resentment is. I'm not sympathising with them, I'm not saying they aren't murderers who need to be irradicated but our fucking governments created this power keg by starting false wars in foreign countries and disposing dictators who were the only people keeping their countries together. Blair should be tried by the War Crimes Commission for his role in all of this. He is a piece of shit. No better or worse than any of the pieces of shit who did the attack yesterday.

As far as I can remember, Bush & Blair's 'War on Terror', mistaken though it was, was a response to the terrorist attacks of 9th September 2001. It didn't take much prescience to understand how Bush would react to the bloodiest attack on the US mainland in centuries. The perpetrators fully understood this, and I believe the 'end of civilisation' was exactly what they desired. Bush and Blair chose to respond exactly as Al Qaida intended them to respond.

They destroyed Iraq guzzi?

Exactly - 19 Saudi Arabian, Libyan or Egyptian's (no Iraqi's, or Afgans) destroyed the twin towers and killed 3,000 people and yet the Bush Blair response was to bomb the crap out of Iraq then go after Afganistan. Meanwhile the route cause of global terrorism to this day remains ..... Wasabi Muslim Saudi Arabian backed, and other non-Iraqi or Afgan, Muslim fundamentalist terrorists. Bush and Blair should be tried for their crimes, along with the people who did this attack and all the other terrorists who have been created in this false war on terror.

Adjectives, Sheight! 'Mistaken' is the relevant one in this instance.

Whatever. I don't care what other people think. The spectacle of 150 people being murdered in cold blood simply disgusts me. But our governments behaviour in all of this requires scrutiny as, sadly, these events will not stop happening in European cities until we start attacking the right bogey men rather than creatng strategic wars which are solely about oil and global influence.

Archived