What's going on in St. Marks?

slinkydevil

You gotta read Cregeen's response on IoMToday fuck me it's funny

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/district-news/st-mark-s-traffic-calming-planters-branded-ridiculous-1-7733989

It was my idea (not really)

It's the residents fault (to be fair they didn't want this solution)

I thought reflectors were needed (silly DOI for putting them on

And best of all... It's just a trial

He probably thought they would be useful to put his election posters on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Believe Buchanan & Pitts were up there this morning painting the boxes at OUR expense.

This whole charade should be stopped immediately.

Head gardner Cregeen will be up there shortly to water/tend the plants.

I presume legislation allows the highway authority to permit this obstruction of the roadway.

Believe Buchanan & Pitts were up there this morning painting the boxes at OUR expense.

I presume legislation allows the highway authority to permit this obstruction of the roadway.

Ive just driven through and they look really awful. I know you live Ballasalla way so what do you mean at your expense? Surely they can't invoice you for painting them? Is it being put on the rates?

Ive just driven through and they look really awful. I know you live Ballasalla way so what do you mean at your expense? Surely they can't invoice you for painting them? Is it being put on the rates?

Taxpayer presumably. I said "our". Don't think it is a Commissioners initiative but if it was it would be on the rates. Obviously man to ask is Cregeen.

Taxpayer presumably. I said "our". Don't think it is a Commissioners initiative but if it was it would be on the rates. Obviously man to ask is Cregeen.

I though you might have meant "our" as a ratepayer in the area. I ask as it's an interesting choice of painting company. The more stupid planters that go up the more a certain Douglas councillor will get paid to paint all these stupid planters. Therefore I wondered who was actually paying.

Archived