What's going on in St. Marks?

slinkydevil

How can St Marks be a bit of a race track? It's about 100m long.

It's a classic area for dickheads who stick to the same speed regardless of the limit / surroundings. The amount of times you follow someone doing 45mph coming from Ballasalla only for them to disappear in the distance as you slow down for the speed limit at St. Marks and they carry on at the same speed is crazy. I'd get pissed off if I lived there.

That said, this is an absolutely woeful solution.

Great - next time I go through I'll be going through at about 50 mph sideways. Its a village that's about 50 metres long. Are you all conveying children and trays of canapés between each another's houses for 8 hours a day that road crossing becomes an issue?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a classic area for dickheads who stick to the same speed regardless of the limit / surroundings. The amount of times you follow someone doing 45mph coming from Ballasalla only for them to disappear in the distance as you slow down for the speed limit at St. Marks and they carry on at the same speed is crazy. I'd get pissed off if I lived there.

Great - next time I go through I'll be going through at about 50 mph sideways. Its a village that's about 50 metres long. Are you all conveying children and trays of canapés between each another's houses for 8 hours a day that road crossing becomes an issue?

As I said I don't live there, and as I also said what they've done there is ridiculous.

You're still a dickhead if you go through there at 50mph though. Nothing to do with kids or any other silly straw man, and everything to do with the crossroads which has extremely limited visibility when pulling out from the Ballamodha side and has seen several accidents over the years.

As I said I don't live there, and as I also said what they've done there is ridiculous.

You're still a dickhead if you go through there at 50mph though. Nothing to do with kids or any other silly straw man, and everything to do with the crossroads which has extremely limited visibility when pulling out from the Ballamodha side and has seen several accidents over the years.

That's your butler taken out next time he takes a silver tray of sausage rolls over to the neighbours across the road.

Be interesting to see what an insurance company makes of planters causing obstruction on the highway, of course if there is legislation in place to support their presence thats a different matter, but as we all know, lots of double yellow lines were painted without the legislation and much egg was on faces when tickets were unenforceable. As traffic calming measures go its a cabbage of an idea !

looks like new tarmac too. no doubt the pots were made at the forestry board for 10 quid and sold to doi for 500

Yes that does look like new tarmac, they have been doing the Sloc as well, yet the town of Douglas is pothole city, the main roads in Douglas are a falling apart.

looks like new tarmac too. no doubt the pots were made at the forestry board for 10 quid and sold to doi for 500

Yes that does look like new tarmac, they have been doing the Sloc as well, yet the town of Douglas is pothole city, the main roads in Douglas are a falling apart.

Come on, you know why the Sloc is being done. The firestarter lives up there, and that road is too bumpy for him and his new hoi polloy who will be buying up the new houses up there.

Also that is some signage he has up there on the road, dont suppose there is any problem with them!??!!!

if they were serious about traffic calming, why didn't they put pavements in whilst they were surfacing it, and make it single track with passing places (like they plan for the Prom !)

Would be a great place for horse trams.

Cregeen could end up being a saint if he did that.

You gotta read Cregeen's response on IoMToday fuck me it's funny

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/district-news/st-mark-s-traffic-calming-planters-branded-ridiculous-1-7733989

It was my idea (not really)

It's the residents fault (to be fair they didn't want this solution)

I thought reflectors were needed (silly DOI for putting them on

And best of all... It's just a trial

Archived