What's going on in St. Marks?

slinkydevil

I don't expect it will be long before a vehicle hits one of these, perhaps due to having to pull in sharply to avoid something coming the other way... Then they will all have to be removed again - more pointless expense! I may be wrong but it all looks like an accident (sorry 'collision') waiting to happen.

One's already been smashed to bits presumably by a truck.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked a DOI man down the pub what it was about and they indicated it was the brainwave of the Local MHK

Cregeen? Figures. But what are they for?

Cregeen? Brainwave? Are you sure?

As you rightly point out there is an implied presumption here which imo is a gross exaggeration !

I asked a DOI man down the pub what it was about and they indicated it was the brainwave of the Local MHK

Cregeen? Figures. But what are they for?

Cregeen? Brainwave? Are you sure?

As you rightly point out there is an implied presumption here which imo is a gross exaggeration !

Idiot has brainwave about plant pots resulting in him proving he's a plant pot.

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/traffic-calming-measures-for-st-marks/

'It’s likely the planters will be installed in the next few weeks.

MHK for the area Graham Cregeen outlined the plans.

There are restrictions on what can be done to cut speeds as St Mark’s is a designated conservation area.'

From November 12th 2015

I bet myself a takeaway pizza in the summer should he mention this effective and cost aware calming work during the run up to the election at every available opportunity.

So, it's a conservation area - so shouldn't the planters be Oak?

How can St Marks be a bit of a race track? It's about 100m long.

It's a classic area for dickheads who stick to the same speed regardless of the limit / surroundings. The amount of times you follow someone doing 45mph coming from Ballasalla only for them to disappear in the distance as you slow down for the speed limit at St. Marks and they carry on at the same speed is crazy. I'd get pissed off if I lived there.

That said, this is an absolutely woeful solution.

Archived