What's going on in St. Marks?

slinkydevil

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Traffic calming measures.

Shite idea.

3D gates are a better option, with a differing road surface. Works until people get used to it then it just goes back to normal.

I'd put a one way system in, forcing cars going straight through to use the triangle from the Braid and Foxdale side, with priority coming out the Castletown side, forcing cars coming up from Castletown to stop at a stop sign to go straight over at each junction.

Slower through traffic results.

Posh people up in arms about traffic having to drive past their homes - result all round.

They've been there for about the last two weeks. I hope whichever genius is responsible for them is insured as I saw someone nearly rip the side of a Transit van out onone the other day. Someone is going to get injured before long. I would believe it's something to do with an MHK as it's a completely stupid and dangerous idea.

Ah, but when it comes to knocking up votes, they can say they introduced much needed traffic calming measures on that stretch of road.

Do you know which section of the Highways Act allows you to dump some pimped up planters at the side of the road and claim they are traffic calming? They are really solid if someone clobbered one even at low speed it wouldn't be a good end result.

Horse riders are not happy about them

Horses shouldn't be allowed on the roads anyway.... worse than cyclists riding 5 abreast with no lights/lights that make them look like a car

*sits back to watch ensuing angry debate*

Quite, they had to remove some signage (or similar) on the Old Castletown Road after a poor person clobbered one on a bike a while ago.

Yes those poor people just wanting to go to and from work in their funny little cars are a real annoyance when you fancy a trip to the shop on your horse. Although I'm sure these would even make a good dint in your Range Rover as they are quite substantial.

I don't expect it will be long before a vehicle hits one of these, perhaps due to having to pull in sharply to avoid something coming the other way... Then they will all have to be removed again - more pointless expense! I may be wrong but it all looks like an accident (sorry 'collision') waiting to happen.

St Marks is a bit of a racing track, something needed to be done. These are a nice addition to the village and will slow people down, so it may take an extra 25 minutes to get through at busy times, there are alternative routes. Actually that would be a better idea, make a by-pass, everybody loves a by-pass :)

Archived