Would You Believe?

Addie

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a stray cat came up to her, she'd be thinking the same thing "Oh it's the spirit of my dead boy" but it's not. If she chooses to believe it though, who am I to judge? (Though I do, I judge them with scorn)

I've just spotted this which I found rather sweet, but maybe I'm alone in thinking that things like this could perhaps be true?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM2QcBhJaIM

Addie, you're not alone - the vast majority of this world thinks the dead watch over the living and like the living hunger to be reunited with their loved ones. The hope that this is true is at the core of all the world's religions.

Anyone who has lost anyone even remotely close to them yearns for it to be true.

Sadly, yearning does not make truth.

Yes I do.

Yearning doesn't make truth, but yearned for things can be true.

If you can't see the difference between the first and second part of the above sentence you have very severe problems with reading comprehension.

I don't believe it to be true, but as long as no one is trying to make money off her, by claiming to be able to contact the spirit of her dead son, i wouldn't disabuse her of the notion that gives her some comfort.

Archived