STIXX - Mooragh park (weekends only - bah!)

thebees

Anyone who's had one will know, these are a work of art. You have to queue for up to an hour, that is OK, these Ice creams are not messing around, they are really really really good. I've only had a small vanilla one, with a half strawberry choc dip, crushed biscuits and strawberry sauce but this weekend I am having a large salted caramel ice cream, dark choc dip, caramel pieces and more dark choc sauce - oh, GET OPEN NOW!!! smile.png Seriously, I generally hate ice cream (I used to like it but they give you too much now adays, and I have to finish things so I end up eating a load of ice cream and getting too sick so I don't bother trying anymore) but this? no no, this is heaven on a stick, just enough ice cream so as not to make you sick.

Oh the flavours, there's cream ones, vanilla, coconut, salted caramel, strawberry - something else too (I forget stuff), then the fruity ones, raspberry, kiwifruit, orange and others (I forgot them too, focused on Kiwi, my Mad Sunday event, the Kiwi Ice cream) ah shush, they're too nice.

This is my Stixx ice cream appreciation thread.

Someone had a lemon ice cream, with white choc dip, crushed merengue bits and white choc sauce, hmmmmm, yes, I will be trying one of them. When you've had one, please do come and share your recipe idea, I will be fat soon smile.png

ETA: I can't follow what tense I'm in - soz.

I went for a skeet last Sunday but the queue was too big and unmoving for me to get an ice cream.

I will endeavour to try one soon though.

I am intrigued to see if the fad lasts until August, the cynic in me says no but then Costa still manage to fill the places to the gunwales while they slop out overpriced coffee so I am clearly incorrect

I am not the queuing type, nor the Costa type and I haven't been near Starbucks (except for that one time, the other week, when I accidentally walked past it) - these ice creams are well worth the wait and (IMHO) are under priced, they're far superior to any other ice creams sold on the Island. Like a Magnum with knobs (go faster stripes and a supercharged super charger) on :)

Anyone who's had one will know, these are a work of art. You have to queue for up to an hour, that is OK, these Ice creams are not messing around, they are really really really good. I've only had a small vanilla one, with a half strawberry choc dip, crushed biscuits and strawberry sauce but this weekend I am having a large salted caramel ice cream, dark choc dip, caramel pieces and more dark choc sauce - oh, GET OPEN NOW!!! smile.png Seriously, I generally hate ice cream (I used to like it but they give you too much now adays, and I have to finish things so I end up eating a load of ice cream and getting too sick so I don't bother trying anymore) but this? no no, this is heaven on a stick, just enough ice cream so as not to make you sick.

Oh the flavours, there's cream ones, vanilla, coconut, salted caramel, strawberry - something else too (I forget stuff), then the fruity ones, raspberry, kiwifruit, orange and others (I forgot them too, focused on Kiwi, my Mad Sunday event, the Kiwi Ice cream) ah shush, they're too nice.

This is my Stixx ice cream appreciation thread.

Someone had a lemon ice cream, with white choc dip, crushed merengue bits and white choc sauce, hmmmmm, yes, I will be trying one of them. When you've had one, please do come and share your recipe idea, I will be fat soon smile.png

ETA: I can't follow what tense I'm in - soz.

The past, the present and the future walked into a bar. It was tense!

I noticed that stall and the cost didn't seem over the top. There was certainly a steady queue. While browsing the "toppings" options I noticed the last one was crushed salt! So if you buy someone one of these and they say "surprise me" I'd suggest going for the salt dip.

Salt does improve the taste of sweet things

Improves the taste of most things really

Sometimes I like chips with my salt & vinegar

I'm quite peeved about not knowing about this place on Sunday, I had an awful Davidsons whippy in Ramsey which tasted like sour milk - urrg! I'm convinced that it never used to taste so bad!

Thanks bees I'll try here after I've gotten over last week's dreadful experience with ice-cream. :)

Archived