STIXX - Mooragh park (weekends only - bah!)

thebees

I'm quite peeved about not knowing about this place on Sunday, I had an awful Davidsons whippy in Ramsey which tasted like sour milk - urrg! I'm convinced that it never used to taste so bad!

Thanks bees I'll try here after I've gotten over last week's dreadful experience with ice-cream. smile.png

if it was the little shop on the corner of market square the whippy's are not Davidons ice cream. The scoops are.

I went there last Sunday after giving up on the queue at Stixx and noticed the sign making that point.

I had a raspberry ripple scoop which was most pleasant.

You're just saying that to save face, muahahhahaaa in yo face eating crappy Davidsons rancid cold sour cream (with added aspartame) - I've been busy today but tomorrow, fast cars and ice cream all the way.

I'm quite peeved about not knowing about this place on Sunday, I had an awful Davidsons whippy in Ramsey which tasted like sour milk - urrg! I'm convinced that it never used to taste so bad!

Thanks bees I'll try here after I've gotten over last week's dreadful experience with ice-cream. smile.png

if it was the little shop on the corner of market square the whippy's are not Davidons ice cream. The scoops are.

I went there last Sunday after giving up on the queue at Stixx and noticed the sign making that point.

I had a raspberry ripple scoop which was most pleasant.

Appreciate the correction Rhumsaa, I must admit that I hadn't noticed the sign saying that the whippy wasn't Davidson's, it was bloody awful just the same! The ice-cream which was in the tubs was enjoyed greatly by my bambino.

I like this little shop it's kinda quirky. :)

I sampled the Stixx version of a Raspberry Ice Lolly today - have to say it was delicious and whilst the concept is a bit hipster and gimmicky I can't fault the taste of the product.

Will visit again

I had a caramel Stixx dipped in milk chocolate today and it was actually very nice.

It appears the main reason for the queue is the fact that the person dipping the ice cream in the vat of melted chocolate has to hold it above it for a modest length of time. It might speed things up if they had some sort of clip above it to let it drip for a moment while freeing them to dip others.

• 1 month later...

I believe they are looking to open a second place in Douglas I believe

You are an emphatic believer.

I believe you may be correct

I believe they are looking to open a second place in Douglas I believe

You are an emphatic believer.

I believe you may be correct

You'd better believe it!

Unbelievable

Archived