Arbory, Castletown & Malew

Donald Trumps

of leading a government in difficult times

No easy job

Nope but at least he or she could blame those before who have led the island into difficult times !

...and eventually will indeed do so.

Almost immediately if it's someone like Gawne. Let's blame Bell and big business for the problems of the last 10 years.

We need someone with far more respect for other peoples money than Gawne, and someone who realises that the island can no longer afford to be held hostage by big business. The old boys club of which Gawne has been a part for a long time has to be confined to history for us to move forward.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gawne is one of the few politicians with long term vision for the island

Aye spuds and fucking herrings and a large plaque at the harbour saying there is a boat in the morning ! a very unimpressive man

The last of the great Manx yarning navel gazers.

Gawne wittering on about Mexit like its a 'thing' when it isn't.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5VWsH3_aFM&feature=youtu.be

Do we want Independence? Not if you have anything to do with running anything Phil. No we fucking don't as you can't even do anything with the prom without totally fucking it up. Can you imagine how big a fuck up he'd make of playing his part in running an independent economy?

I can't imagine anything as scary as the prospect of a state run as independent under these goons....truly frightening.

Gawne wittering on about Mexit like its a 'thing' when it isn't.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A5VWsH3_aFM&feature=youtu.be

Do we want Independence? Not if you have anything to do with running anything Phil. No we fucking don't as you can't even do anything with the prom without totally fucking it up. Can you imagine how big a fuck up he'd make of playing his part in running an independent economy?

I can't imagine anything as scary as the prospect of a state run as independent under these goons....truly frightening.

It is truly frightening in a lot of respects now.

& Kate Beecroft will ensure we get value for money

She is not obviously doing a great job of that as a member of the DoI!

True she is on there as well as Gawne. I bet there is little value for money achieved. Another 6 new buses being delivered I hear - managed to slip them in before the end of the financial year.

True she is on there as well as Gawne. I bet there is little value for money achieved. Another 6 new buses being delivered I hear - managed to slip them in before the end of the financial year.

Quayle gets stick for taking on Charteris which is fair enough but at least the DHSS got rid of PDQ. I don't think Gawne took on Longworth but unlike the DHSS thy have not got rid of and he has kept on spending. Why I would prefer neither to have arisen I much prefer a department that sorts out a problem, even if it is of its own making, than one that just ignores and does nothing to address.

Quayle gets stick for taking on Charteris which is fair enough but at least the DHSS got rid of PDQ. I don't think Gawne took on Longworth but unlike the DHSS thy have not got rid of and he has kept on spending. Why I would prefer neither to have arisen I much prefer a department that sorts out a problem, even if it is of its own making, than one that just ignores and does nothing to address.

I agree. The hospital binned off some of the arseholes pretty quick. Longworth et all seem untouchable. Their jobs just keep getting bigger and bigger as people leave and their empires get handed over in order to 'save' money. You could rip though that place and the wider DOI like a dose of salts if anyone had the guts.

A friend has just shown me the manifesto (I say manifesto - hastily cobbled together thoughts printed on a tatty A4 card would be a more detailed description) of Jason Moorhouse. Oh dear...what a disappointment. As someone on MF has already observed, A,C&M looked to have a really sound (generally!) selection of candidates, with Moorhouse a "likely lad". Not on this evidence. Unless it was a "warm-up" leaflet ahead of the full-blown manifesto (Gawne has approached matters that way apparently) it's embarrassing frankly. Come on Jason - up your game.

Archived