Arbory, Castletown & Malew

Donald Trumps

But if he stood, but didn't campaign, spent no money, and didn't get re-elected wouldn't he get severance pay? Makes you wonder why they don't stand to deliberately lose. It's worth £20k.

Don't you get paid off anyway if you've done full term?

No. There is a resettlement grant of 6 months basic pay. To qualify you must have served at least 2 years and lost your seat at an election.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting ideas in there but I'm a bit confused by some.

"Corporatisation not Nationalisation" of the Steam Packet. Wouldn't you need to Nationalise it first.

Canabis instead of chemotherapy to treat cancer, not manage pain. Treat. Is that even a thing?

Partial nationalisation would be the best thing so govt could waive it's share of dividend in favour of promotional fares for visitors

I'd have proposed having the cannabis distributed to every table in Tynwald. Take the bile out of proceedings somewhat.

So that's currently a third of sitting members not re-standing - who's left to declare either way? Bell? Anyone else?

I think you're right...only Bell left to declare of the current Keys.

So Ronan isnt standing now. Pressured by Gawne who must be bricking it about getting back in?

Certainly Ronan stepping down is advantageous to Gawne. Whether he is elected is another matter entirely.

Fuck Ronan, no one wanted him anyway.

Got a card through the door today fro cregeen saying sorry he missed us. It also says "if you give me your support once again, I will continue to be committed to serve the people of Arbory, Castletown and Malew, with determination, integrity and honesty."

Fuck Ronan, no one wanted him anyway.

Got a card through the door today fro cregeen saying sorry he missed us. It also says "if you give me your support once again, I will continue to be committed to serve the people of Arbory, Castletown and Malew, with determination, integrity and honesty."

Library classification - "Fantasy fiction".

I'm not sure how he can continue to be committed to serving people he's never served before.

Don't cloud sales nonesense with logic.

I find it quite ironic that Minister Ronan not going to seek

Re-election, and plans to go back to being a joiner. The construction sector is depressed and has been for a while. Joiners and other workers have been laid off. Yes, quality craftsmen will always get work. Perhaps business is booming for Minister Ronan?

Voters need to vote on policies, not whether someone is a true Manxie, or because you know them. This election is far too important to vote in granny farmers and bullshit connissieurs. I would hope that voters ask serious and probing questions not platitudes . We need ideas relating to national matters - what would they do to get business to come to the island?

He says the cash for the prom could be better spent on nurses and coppers, but then goes on about roads and they must be a priority to be done.

Is he suggesting then, that the Prom should be left as it is ? We have heard these patronising comments from many MHKs in the past. We all know that health, education, law and order etc are a vital part of Island life, but there are other important issues as well , the job of MHKs is to work all this out in a fair and caring way. Telling us what we know has no impression on most people.

Archived