The wooden spoon - bottom of the pile - lame duck etc. etc.

Uhtred

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do we think the chances are of Dobson polling zero votes...or will there be some comedy votes for him (including his own I suppose).

Well even after last time's little problem he managed to poll 136 votes - though admittedly then he was the only one standing against Rodan, so the anti vote had nowhere else to go (there were 10 spoilt papers). Rodan still got 93% of the vote though, which must be some record.

This time with more competition in Garff, the voters may not be so kind to Dobson, but he may have enough friends to keep him from the Island-wide wooden spoon.

He'll still get more than Inglis or Turner will in Douglas would be my guess. Even though he's a shamed multiple drunk driver who won't even be here on Election Day.

He'll still get more than Inglis or Turner will in Douglas would be my guess. Even though he's a shamed multiple drunk driver who won't even be here on Election Day.

If he does poll higher than Inglis and Turner - as well he might - then they need to think hard about what that says.

I've received a carrier pigeon from two friends who attended the Rushen requisition meeting and have nominated both Kemp and Cussons as likely lads for the wooden spoon - particularly the execrable performance of Mr. Kemp.

It was while ago, when I were a lad, but the wooden spoon in one constituency went to the sitting MHK. He had proudly topped the poll over a total of 7 candidates in the recent by-election, only to end up bottom at the following general election (although it has to be said he still got over 1400 votes).

There is perhaps a bit more to the story. He was to be involved in a fraud trial and on a separate matter ended up in jail. I think he must have been good MHK material for the day, but the golden rule of course, would have been don't get caught.

What do we think the chances are of Dobson polling zero votes...or will there be some comedy votes for him (including his own I suppose).

I know nothing of this fella other than he's been done for drunk driving and (I think it's him) isn't going to be here on polling day? I was talking to someone who went to the req meeting recently not thinking much of him and came away thinking he was the best candidate!

And before you ask, yes the lady in question does have more mainstream political views than myself.

I know nothing of this fella other than he's been done for drunk driving and (I think it's him) isn't going to be here on polling day? I was talking to someone who went to the req meeting recently not thinking much of him and came away thinking he was the best candidate!

And before you ask, yes the lady in question does have more mainstream political views than myself.

The Garff candidates seemed (on paper) to promise much and in practice appear to offer little. But Dobson the best candidate..? Hmmmm...

The Garff candidates seemed (on paper) to promise much and in practice appear to offer little. But Dobson the best candidate..? Hmmmm...

He's more neck than a giraffe if he acts like nothing has changed for him !

If I was standing in Garff and Dobson was said to be the best candidate, I'd be on the boat pronto in shame.

Archived