The wooden spoon - bottom of the pile - lame duck etc. etc.

Uhtred

What do we think the chances are of Dobson polling zero votes...or will there be some comedy votes for him (including his own I suppose).

I know nothing of this fella other than he's been done for drunk driving and (I think it's him) isn't going to be here on polling day? I was talking to someone who went to the req meeting recently not thinking much of him and came away thinking he was the best candidate!

And before you ask, yes the lady in question does have more mainstream political views than myself.

The Garff candidates seemed (on paper) to promise much and in practice appear to offer little. But Dobson the best candidate..? Hmmmm...

He's more neck than a giraffe if he acts like nothing has changed for him !

If I was standing in Garff and Dobson was said to be the best candidate, I'd be on the boat pronto in shame.

Tony Wild will vote for him.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Garff thread:

Let's hope he doesn't get done for drunk in charge just before the election again.

Here was his 2011 excuse to ManxForums just so nobody forgets. http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/45817-general-election-2011-garff/?p=647102

FTW...mystic seer!

Crowe doesn't pretend to be smart, but what he is doing is asking why some things are the way they are. I thinks he's ready to ask inconvenient questions and not scared of looking foolish for doing so. That, and the fact that a lot of people admire him for his personal courage is why I think he will get in. A lot of voters are fed up with slick politicians with fancy brochures and a nice turn of phrase - we want someone we trust.

Yeah, Ramsey's lucky. With the possible exception of Hampton down south, it's the only seat that is being given a real choice with some new ideas. Crowe will grow into being an MHK should he get in and rattle a few cages in the process and Dr Allinson is taking a brave and fresh approach to the retarded war on drugs. They'd both get my vote if I were a Ramsey voter. Where I am all that is on offer is more of the same old shite, not even a protest vote option to get rid of incumbents because none of them are standing. Quite depressing really, for the first time in ages I don't think I'll bother voting.

Archived