Police Twitter spoil sports

BossHogg

Before something goes wrong:

"Bloody 'elf and safety Nazi's, government busy bodies, no-one can have any fun anymore...NANNY STATE!!!!"

After something goes wrong:

"Why wasn't something done about this, lax government, police do nothing, who is to blame, won't someone think of the children?!?!?!"

You can't have it both ways (although I notice its the usual posters who adopt the first position, who almost always turn into amateur H&S experts after the fact).

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to a few raves around blue point, port soderick, creg ny baa etc. All good fun. Nothing like the huge events that happened in the UK - more like 25 kids dancing to trance music played through a poor quality sound system. I doubt you'd even hear it in the next field. Everyone was well behaved and no one got hurt, unlike the boozy antics in Douglas town centre. Kids need to blow off steam just like everyone else and assuming the parties are held away from residential areas and the attendees aren't drink driving, I believe they should be tolerated by the authorities.

Given the complaints of budget cutting, it makes one wonder where they'll be pulling the resources from to, er, police these young buggers with music and alcohol and that...?

I just think it's a shame. I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing with people who were given freedom to express themselves. Now it's all over before anyone gets to even enjoy themselves and the cops are threatening them in advance with fines for noise pollution and basically hanging round just to be a pain in the arse.

Perhaps the island is on its arse because the generation that were having raves as you describe are now the generation who make up a sizeable chunk of the working population. As such they are partly responsible for the way today's youth are treated and for the economic mess that the island is in.

Archived