Police Twitter spoil sports

BossHogg

I do feel sorry for kids today given a lot of the stuff teenagers got way with before we became this really petty place that seems obsessed with over regulating everything and nosing into everyone's lives.

It seems such a shame. What are teenagers allowed to do for fun these days?

From Twitter

======

We have been made aware that there may be a large gathering of people taking place for a party/festival tonight in the field opposite the Cat with no Tail in Douglas from 9pm to 4am.

There will be a Police presence in the area from the very start to monitor this to ensure that if this is the case there is no drunkeness, anti-social behaviour, underage drinking or drug use.

The Noise Act comes in to force at 11pm each night and ends at 7am during these times any excessive noise, especially within or near to a residential area; which this is will be stopped. Failure to comply could result in the seizure of any equipment or source responsible for the excessive noise.

The penalty for an offence under the Noise Act is up to 3 months custody or a fine of up to £2,500, or both.

If you are parent whose teenager is heading out tonight, do you you know where they are going and what they are doing?

Anyone in the area who is underage and has alcoholic drink with them will have this removed from them.

=====

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the complaints of budget cutting, it makes one wonder where they'll be pulling the resources from to, er, police these young buggers with music and alcohol and that...?

Given the complaints of budget cutting, it makes one wonder where they'll be pulling the resources from to, er, police these young buggers with music and alcohol and that...?

I just think it's a shame. I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing with people who were given freedom to express themselves. Now it's all over before anyone gets to even enjoy themselves and the cops are threatening them in advance with fines for noise pollution and basically hanging round just to be a pain in the arse.

There's a bunch of teenagers on the bus talking about it, its gonna be somewhere else apparently.

Its also been on the drivers radio, the police 'just wanted to warn everyone that they will be very active around the cat with no tail'. So expect star jumps and squat thrusts.

FFS. The Police and whatever bell end informants have snitched to them all need to get a life and leave the kids alone to do their thing.

It's certainly a case of Nils 'n' Old Bills and Bellyaches. I really feel sorry for kids today. No wonder they turn to drugs and binge drinking from the comfort of their own homes with an entire system of government out there looking for things to do to keep them busy.

I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing

Wow, the island really must have been leading the way. Or your memory is a little clouded.

Some very good nights out. Where were you? At home writing nuisance letters to people before internet trolling was invented?

I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing

Wow, the island really must have been leading the way. Or your memory is a little clouded.

Nope, will go along with Boss. Good do's, big barns and fields, lights, music, often organised impromptu...but drugs prob not so much of the scene in very late 70s and early 80s, just young people enjoying themselves. How many "nightclubs" do we even have left over here now?

I just think it's a shame. I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing with people who were given freedom to express themselves. Now it's all over before anyone gets to even enjoy themselves and the cops are threatening them in advance with fines for noise pollution and basically hanging round just to be a pain in the arse.

Considering people keep trying to tell us the island was on the bones of its arse in the 80s it really was bouncing back then.

Now we are supposedly a highly successful international finance centre the place is a ghost town and a shit tip so what's gone wrong?

Nope, will go along with Boss. Good do's, big barns and fields, lights, music, often organised impromptu...but drugs prob not so much of the scene in very late 70s and early 80s, just young people enjoying themselves. How many "nightclubs" do we even have left over here now?

Not to mention the Lido events and all the other mad stuff when we had loads of venues to choose from.

Finlo. It was on the bones of its arse but there was a spirit of optimism that doesn't exist now. It wasn't going to get any worse. People had money in their pockets. There were few rules and regulations. Loads of bars as a hangover from the tourist years. Go out, get lashed, have fun, met other people all doing the same. Great times. Drank too much, went to too many parties, wrote off too many cars. I do feel sorry for the kids of today. That Twitter announcement is just depressing. What are they supposed to do? Binge drink and take drugs in their bedrooms to give the police an easy time?

Bit of a daft location for an illegal party though. Right opposite two big housing estates. In my day they were on a beach down north or in the middle of nowhere. We drove there with 50 people in each car got lashed, took whatever party drugs were around raved all night and drove home the following morning before our parents woke up. Never did us any harm.

Considering people keep trying to tell us the island was on the bones of its arse in the 80s it really was bouncing back then.

Now we are supposedly a highly successful international finance centre the place is a ghost town and a shit tip so what's gone wrong?

We showed initiative and made our own entertainment in those days - but it's not considered acceptable now, from a social point of view or the dreaded H&S element. Rather, we now expect and have a Govt provide what is "safe and good" for us - the fault lies on both sides?

Archived