Police Twitter spoil sports

BossHogg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember some of the 80s raves. What a brilliant time when the Island was bouncing

Wow, the island really must have been leading the way. Or your memory is a little clouded.

Nope, will go along with Boss. Good do's, big barns and fields, lights, music, often organised impromptu...but drugs prob not so much of the scene in very late 70s and early 80s, just young people enjoying themselves. How many "nightclubs" do we even have left over here now?

I don't think most people would call what you describe "raves".

Neither would I. But we were allowed to do it without the state feeling the need to intervene. Would what was supposedly planned tonight be classed as a rave, in your judgement?

If it's out in the country or on a remote farm or beach, I don't see any problem whatsoever. However, if it is opposite the Cat it is also opposite the very large Nursing Home, so lets hope that is not where it is happening. :o

Maybe they organised it!

If it's out in the country or on a remote farm or beach, I don't see any problem whatsoever. However, if it is opposite the Cat it is also opposite the very large Nursing Home, so lets hope that is not where it is happening. ohmy.png

Yes, let's hope they don't keep you awake, you miserable old twat.

Fuck off whatever.gif

Bit of a daft location for an illegal party though. Right opposite two big housing estates. In my day they were on a beach down north or in the middle of nowhere. We drove there with 50 people in each car got lashed, took whatever party drugs were around raved all night and drove home the following morning before our parents woke up. Never did us any harm.

Yeah but Douglas butties are lazy fuckers and either won't travel outside of their town or don't know that anywhere else on the island exists (they should rename it little America really) :P

On a more amusing note, I see the world's greatest dj got involved in one of the Facebook posts (think back to the epic thread on here a few years ago) he's not quite hit that level yet but I'm sure with some gentle prodding he could get there :D

Archived