Police Twitter spoil sports

BossHogg

the issue is there are no police. someone will complain about it police called they will have to go up and call parents to collect them tying up officers waiting for parents to arrive.

Most parents will be pissed by now. Why don't the police tell them to fuck off and to deal with whatever their own kids are doing on a Saturday night? Why do the police need to baby sit anyone?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kind of agree with Boss. During the 70s and early 80s we would just go on somewhere, a beach, or glen and party. Nothing heavy or too outlandish, the law would intervene if it got out of hand, but it rarely did. I can't remember anything bad happening, lots of stupid stuff, but generally good natured just exuberant. I do remember one party goer who seemed unable to avoid going off the Marine Drive though. Anyone there will know exactly who that was.

Kind of agree with Boss. During the 70s and early 80s we would just go on somewhere, a beach, or glen and party. Nothing heavy or too outlandish, the law would intervene if it got out of hand, but it rarely did. I can't remember anything bad happening, lots of stupid stuff, but generally good natured just exuberant. I do remember one party goer who seemed unable to avoid going off the Marine Drive though. Anyone there will know exactly who that was.

I just feel sorry for the kids. Everything is so over policed and over regulated in the Island now. There's very little to do here and even if they take their own initiative and organise something to do its shut down before it even happens.

the issue is there are no police. someone will complain about it police called they will have to go up and call parents to collect them tying up officers waiting for parents to arrive.

Most parents will be pissed by now. Why don't the police tell them to fuck off and to deal with whatever their own kids are doing on a Saturday night? Why do the police need to baby sit anyone?

Because we live in a society of blame if the police know something is going on and find a kid in an intoxicated state and they leave them and something happens to that kid who do you think will get the blame?

Y'all have fake memories of the 80's/90's we were not allowed to have parties, every rave was stopped. Ever was thus. There is nothing for teenagers here.

Oh I don't know, there were some great occasions down at the old amusement arcade at Port Soderick.

To be honest, when I was younger I was never one to go out to raves or festivals and now I regret that. I think with so much going on in the world and all the recent worry and pressure put on kids with exams, they damn well deserve to be left alone by the minions of conformity and allowed to enjoy themselves before they have to spend the rest of their lives working and comforming.

Archived