Police Twitter spoil sports

BossHogg

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If these kids have permission from the landowner and aren't in possession of illegal drugs and aren't drinking underage and don't break the noise laws then they can have a party. Seems to me that they didn't have landowner consent so it was a non-starter. Not really rocket science and hardly interference from a heavy handed state.

If these kids have permission from the landowner and aren't in possession of illegal drugs and aren't drinking underage and don't break the noise laws then they can have a party. Seems to me that they didn't have landowner consent so it was a non-starter. Not really rocket science and hardly interference from a heavy handed state.

That's just wild speculation, there is no suggestion that they didn't have the land owners permission, much less that they were going to do any harm to his/her land.

If these kids have permission from the landowner and aren't in possession of illegal drugs and aren't drinking underage and don't break the noise laws then they can have a party.

In other words: as long as these kids go to the land registry and look up the owner of a random field and then ask permission in advance, ruling out any spontaneity, and as long as they make no sounds and have no fun then they can have a party.

That's just wild speculation, there is no suggestion that they didn't have the land owners permission, much less that they were going to do any harm to his/her land.

That may well be government owned land.

Apart from that, there are a lot of bods visiting that field for some reason, at odd times of the day too. Often see dodgy cars parked in the gateway and often see police cars there too. I wonder what goes on.

Apart from that, there are a lot of bods visiting that field for some reason, at odd times of the day too. Often see dodgy cars parked in the gateway and often see police cars there too. I wonder what goes on.

There's some heavy vegetable growing goes on up round that way. A bit of soft fruit too. And sheds.

It's just the cops buying their gear.

There's some heavy vegetable growing goes on up round that way. A bit of soft fruit too. And sheds.

NO. Not sheds ohmy.png

If it is Government owned land then the question is why do the Government own it and is some kids having a party on it going to do it any harm wrt why the Government owns it. I suspect not.

Boss Hogg has a point. When we were young we used to go camping a lot. Now that is banned in all the national glens (with the exception of Glen Wyllin where you are allowed to camp for double the cost of a 5 star hotel), on the Ayres (although bizarrely it is permitted if you are rich enough to own a camper van!?) on the Calf. Even the Claddagh, a purpose made campsite on common land, you have to pay for a permit (during the few months camping is permitted) and camp fires are now banned.

This place is becoming massively over-regulated by the armies of under worked bureaucrats who have nothing better to do.

If it is Government owned land then the question is why do the Government own it and is some kids having a party on it going to do it any harm wrt why the Government owns it. I suspect not.

Boss Hogg has a point. When we were young we used to go camping a lot. Now that is banned in all the national glens (with the exception of Glen Wyllin where you are allowed to camp for double the cost of a 5 star hotel), on the Ayres (although bizarrely it is permitted if you are rich enough to own a camper van!?) on the Calf. Even the Claddagh, a purpose made campsite on common land, you have to pay for a permit (during the few months camping is permitted) and camp fires are now banned.

This place is becoming massively over-regulated by the armies of under worked bureaucrats who have nothing better to do.

Just look at the Isle of Man on Google Earth and see the masses of space away from residential areas, sensitive conservation areas, farmland etc where they can all go quite legally to " have fun".

Just why would they choose a field like the one on JW's Lane.?

Just look at the Isle of Man on Google Earth and see the masses of space away from residential areas, sensitive conservation areas, farmland etc where they can all go quite legally to " have fun".

Buttys point blank refuse to travel it has to be on their doorstep or not at all.

Where is this masses of space away from residential areas, sensitive conservation areas and farmland you speak of? I'd quite like to ride my motorbike there.

Where is this masses of space away from residential areas, sensitive conservation areas and farmland you speak of? I'd quite like to ride my motorbike there.

You have hundreds of miles of tracks/ roads for your bike, but there are many places for young'uns to party, like Foxdale mines Rushen mines Druidale Axenfell, Sulby glen, loads of others too.

Archived