New Jurby Masterplan

Addie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would a millionaire need grants?

If the government shares the vision for a successful enterprise, why not? Society will share in the success in due course in jobs and taxes. Enterprise grants will often go to millionaires because they are the most likely to accept the risk of new ventures. If one jurisdiction won't offer them, you can bet someone else will.

If the government shares the vision for a successful enterprise, why not? Society will share in the success in due course in jobs and taxes. Enterprise grants will often go to millionaires because they are the most likely to accept the risk of new ventures. If one jurisdiction won't offer them, you can bet someone else will.

But they already have the money to build such things without grants and society will still get jobs and taxes (and we all know how funny millionaires are about paying taxes).

Just feels like double dipping the tax payer to me.

I can see the one "dip" - the grant. I don't see where it is a "double dip". The grant is an investment in the future of the society to attract inward investment.

Millionaire uses tax payers money built something (dip the first), then pays next to no tax through Notwell style aggressive avoidance (dip the second).

Net result being millionaire make a massive profit on taxpayers money.

But they already have the money to build such things without grants and society will still get jobs and taxes (and we all know how funny millionaires are about paying taxes).

Just feels like double dipping the tax payer to me.

"and we all know how funny millionaires are about paying taxes" ......... nice smear tactics "manx"

Whats all this "we" ?

I would venture to suggest that perhaps not all millionaires are applying for grants and many are happy to paddle their own canoe , if only to refute scurrilous accusations made by green eyed little people (such as yourself perhaps) ,some of whom think the rest of us owe them a living.

Just out of idle curiosity are you a net contributor to the IOM finances?

we all know how funny millionaires are about paying taxes

Contrary to popular belief millionaires actually pay an awful lot of tax.

In the UK:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/tax/11233686/How-top-3000-earners-pay-more-tax-than-bottom-9-million.html

And even under our tax capped regime, how many bottom end tax payers does it take to contribute as much as 50ish tax cappers?

Archived