New Jurby Masterplan

Addie

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to see a Primark and maybe another Macdonalds or a Burger King.

There's literally nothing to do for my kids in the Isle of Man so a trip up to Jurby for a Burger King will keep them off their iPads for a bit longer. Although Kyle does prefer Macdonalds (cheese whopper plays hell with his ADHD) so I'd probs opt for that.

Credit where credit is due, david cannan was the architect of the original jurby masterplan, which was to let it slide into wrack and ruin, culminating in his fantastically opportunistic would you like jurby to be the home of the new prison or the site of an animal carcass burial centre "consultation". No option for "none of the above" there. Then reported that the people of jurby were overwhelmingly in favour of the prison being sited in jurby, thus negating the airfield facilities which he had spent the prior 10 years presumably praying that nobody would develop. Nice one dave. Alfie in my constituency now. I'm not voting for him. That'll teach the fuckers to mess with me

Heard from someone who went not too long ago it was okay, but once you've been....chances are unless something drastic changes there, there is no real need to go back.

Does it really see any turn over? I can imagine when our very small tourist season window closes, he'll be losing money hand over fist unless he closes up for winter.

Not true, it has evolved a hell of a lot since it opened (May 2015, don't forget) and it continues to do so. Plenty of new stuff going in on loan from local owners all of the time and restoration projects are being completed and moved into the museum (although that can be a very long process, depending on the condition of the vehicle and how hard it is to source parts for it).

I'd like the restoration area to have a public viewing area up there. Peered through the window in the door each time I've been in, looks interesting enough.

The best time to see anything going on in the workshop is during the week as the guys work Monday - Friday but if you are up on the weekend, just ask someone to take you in there and explain what is going on with all of the projects.

Archived