The Best Decade to be Born In?

Gladys

Anyone who cannot remember their first playing / hearing of Sgt Peppers on vinyl at the time of release hasn't lived life to the full.

Likewise the White album. 

Cannabis in the 70's was the best. 

• Like 1

I was born in the mid 80s. So, considered a millennial. But, I feel I was born a little too early. I have very little in common with most of the millennial I know and my views and attitudes are more in line with the later gen z. If I had a choice, I would have liked to have been born in this decade. Technology is at a pretty great point, chances are those born today might actually see humans land on mars, advancements in virtual reality and artificial intelligence will be seriously interesting to observe, quantum computing is just around the corner etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Immediate post war baby boomers. Massive welfare state and better societal equality paid for by eye watering tax rates. Peace after a world war. Largely benefited from house price inflation and shortage then benefiting from tax cuts. For the older ones triple lock state pension and for many an occupational pension paying shit loads each year when the expectation was you'd peg it at 72. And you get to be grumpy about wokeflakes.

• Like 2

Can't tell you the best but I can tell you the worst, anything after 1995.

Day by day I am increasingly more aware of how bad employment contracts can be now, how bad pensions really are now, and just how it's not going to be an easy life riding on a gold-plated pension within Government unlike it was for a lot of the older folk.

Housing = 30+ years of debt just for something to live in to really keep us chained down into the system.

To me my life is a race I am losing every single day, constantly trying to find a new way to try and build an extremely comfortable living (for which you must stray out of the comfort box of just working for a firm your whole life) as you have to remember you are an expendable asset for your firm in terms of you are just a machine there to increase their profits whilst they manage their expenditure on you to keep you as cheaply as possible.

Therefore the only options I can realistically see in front of me is to use my current skills to acquire Internet fame within a very specific demographic in an ever growing esports industry and hopefully acquire some lucrative sponsors along the way.

That's the only way I will manage to free myself from the god awful world we are growing up in.

No wonder Mental Health is the biggest crisis to hit us. It's a bigger pandemic than Coronavirus and what's driving it is the utterly bonkers fucking World we have been left with.