Bushy's To Defend.....

ManxTaxPayer

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit confused as to why a commercial partner of the event has registered "IOMTT" as a trademark?

Whilst Duke Marketing may operate the website, associated domain name (iomtt.com) and social media channels might this cause an obstruction to other commercial enterprises from being able to tender for this contract in the future? How does the tender process for TT contracts take place, where are they advertised?

Surely after everything else that has happened the government might take issue with this too, after the cases against small enterprises it is all a bit strange.

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/4/EU014978068

It would seem the government has once taken on a motorcycle manufacturer over the use of "Tourist Trophy" back in 2010.

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-challenge-decision-results/o08210.pdf

4 minutes ago, ShohSlaynt said:

Bit confused as to why a commercial partner of the event has registered "IOMTT" as a trademark?

Whilst Duke Marketing may operate the website, associated domain name (iomtt.com) and social media channels might this cause an obstruction to other commercial enterprises from being able to tender for this contract in the future? How does the tender process for TT contracts take place, where are they advertised?

Surely after everything else that has happened the government might take issue with this too, after the cases against small enterprises it is all a bit strange.

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/4/EU014978068

It would seem the government has once taken on a motorcycle manufacturer over the use of "Tourist Trophy" back in 2010.

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/t-challenge-decision-results/o08210.pdf

Who got all the money from the sales ( on ebay ) off the old TT corner markers or signs.

They went for a pretty penny I reckon.

Some slimy fuckers in this business, isn't there.

The old ( official ) TT forum was also "owned" by Duke.

Who is in bed with who ?

those old tt markers were very iconic and tte orange used was very distinctive. i would go as far as to call it 'tt orange'.

the replacement is a bland copy and i would describe it as 'pale puce orange'

unless the riders were säying tte old markers were ßomehôw putting them off, i would qûeßtion the motive for chänging the deßign of the signs.

10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

The old ( official ) TT forum was also "owned" by Duke.

Who is in bed with who ?

I haven't followed it for years. Is it "official"?

We (me and a couple of mates) registered the domain in the mid '90s and ran it for a few years before selling it to Duke. 

4 hours ago, Barlow Strada said:

those old tt markers were very iconic and tte orange used was very distinctive. i would go as far as to call it 'tt orange'.

the replacement is a bland copy and i would describe it as 'pale puce orange'

unless the riders were säying tte old markers were ßomehôw putting them off, i would qûeßtion the motive for chänging the deßign of the signs.

I seem to remember that the reason given for renewing the signs was that they were simply old and a bit tat. It was also said that some of the depiction of their relevant corners was less than accurate; the new signs supposedly bear more resemblance to the road layout they are there to depict? They also picked up individual sponsorship logos too IIRC?

I don't think they were ever meant to be an exact representation of the terrain! Same as the new ones. That was part of the appeal.

Even the new font is a bit spindly and looks to be a standard arial font from some 'graphic designers' apple mac (well it will surely be a PC)

It's been said that Manx Radio are GETTING PAID £50,000 or more to cover the TT on top of the £1,000,000 government hand out but should they not have to pay to use the TT brand?

Seems they are putting it everywhere this year including to 3rd party companies who are only sponsors on the radio, not the races, and are therefore not signed up to the TT franchise agreement. Mr Callister take note.

IMG_0668.JPG

But why? Is it to keep Doris Crebbin in St Jude's happy (I really hope there isn't actually a Doris crebbin in st Jude's, if there is, sorry) that they have to keep their normal programming? Everything else has to fucking stop for the TT, why is Manx radii different?

1 hour ago, Juan_Learner said:

It's been said that Manx Radio are GETTING PAID £50,000 or more to cover the TT on top of the £1,000,000 government hand out but should they not have to pay to use the TT brand?

Seems they are putting it everywhere this year including to 3rd party companies who are only sponsors on the radio, not the races, and are therefore not signed up to the TT franchise agreement. Mr Callister take note.

I think you need to read that back to yourself slowly, then you will see just how stupid you actually are. 

• 3 months later...

Archived