British Road Race Cycling Championships

notwell

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt they have paid anything directly, it's not the bloody Olympics. It's just a medium sized UK sporting event that will probably bring a few thousand people over...exactly the type of event IOM should be aiming for.

Maybe not directly, but they have to underwrite the event. If you look at the tender documentation for the 2016 National Road Championships, the associated projected budget shows a loss of around £90k.

However that is presumably based on the event taking place of the British mainland. There will be considerable additional costs involved in getting not just the teams but other associated people such as officials and the film crew to and from the Island and accommodating them here.

DED have enough taxpayers cash to throw at this...but it doesn't mean that they got the best deal. They are desperate for a win to just justify themselves.

But what price a win?

Oh my fucking God, you are such a miserable, insufferable, down trodden, negative twat.

You epitomise why these forums have become utterly unbearable most of the time and why there are only a handful of active posters left.

Please, can you vanish for a while again? Cheers.

DED have enough taxpayers cash to throw at this...but it doesn't mean that they got the best deal. They are desperate for a win to just justify themselves.

But what price a win?

Oh my fucking God, you are such a miserable, insufferable, down trodden, negative twat.

You epitomise why these forums have become utterly unbearable most of the time and why there are only a handful of active posters left.

Please, can you vanish for a while again? Cheers.

Really? You don't think DED would throw a larger chunk of money than was necessary to obatain a 'quick win'?

You epitomise stupidity if you accept things along those lines. What price 'victory' is all I ask.

I doubt they have paid anything directly, it's not the bloody Olympics. It's just a medium sized UK sporting event that will probably bring a few thousand people over...exactly the type of event IOM should be aiming for.

Maybe not directly, but they have to underwrite the event. If you look at the tender documentation for the 2016 National Road Championships, the associated projected budget shows a loss of around £90k.

However that is presumably based on the event taking place of the British mainland. There will be considerable additional costs involved in getting not just the teams but other associated people such as officials and the film crew to and from the Island and accommodating them here.

I doubt it will be that considerable really over and above those figures. Another 10 - 15 k perhaps?

Also where is it stated teams travel is paid for?

Look at the document. Or should I say get someone to explain it to you.

No, I think maybe you should explain. After all. You know so much about it all.

It wouldn't matter to someone like you who doesn't understand things.

I'm sure you should be ripping the head of it by now rather than trying to engage with adults on here.

Archived