British Road Race Cycling Championships

notwell

So while most of you wank over some kind of victory here, you're not concerned with costs and just how much has been spent, or who was bid against or pulled out?

Let's put this pound for pound up against the TT and see which one gets most value for money and positive exposure.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So while most of you wank over some kind of victory here, you're not concerned with costs and just how much has been spent, or who was bid against or pulled out?

Let's put this pound for pound up against the TT and see which one gets most value for money and positive exposure.

Hmmm...I can imagine at least 1000 TT people taking that bet on compared to one cyclist.

It might be interesting. But no, I'm not concerned. If I had a reason to be concerned I would be. Do you have a reason to be? Other than cynicism?

Hmmm...I can imagine at least 1000 TT people taking that bet on compared to one cyclist.

You don't seem to be able to grasp the concept of pound for pound.

Will it be run on the isle of man motorcycle road racing course?

Probably yes. Very unimaginative, whilst I do agree it is a good thing and I think the island can be pleased to have bought the 2017 edition of the British Championship. However, it is not pertinent to ask who much has been paid, and whether we as taxpayers have paid over the odds. There has to be accountability. Rather than use the Mountain Course, perhaps they could use other roads, country lanes etc. Perhaps using the south of the island, the S100 Circuit, Ports Erin, St Mary and then to Peel etc. The powers that be (DED) are obsessed with the TT.

Will it be run on the isle of man motorcycle road racing course?

Probably yes. Very unimaginative, whilst I do agree it is a good thing and I think the island can be pleased to have bought the 2017 edition of the British Championship. However, it is not pertinent to ask who much has been paid, and whether we as taxpayers have paid over the odds. There has to be accountability. Rather than use the Mountain Course, perhaps they could use other roads, country lanes etc. Perhaps using the south of the island, the S100 Circuit, Ports Erin, St Mary and then to Peel etc. The powers that be (DED) are obsessed with the TT.

Well it's a small island so you'd expect some of the main roads (including the TT course) to be used surely? Some of those races will no doubt need a bit of distance and if that is the case then making use of the TT course seems natural.

It isn't, as you would call it, unimaginative.

What's paying over the odds then? What are other similar islands paying?

Archived