So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

It is propaganda pure and simple designed to influence the readership and promote sales of the newspapers.

Absolutely correct. Take three minutes and consider this article. I'm sure it puts into perspective what you're already aware of but worth a read none the less.

https://www.livescience.com/3640-people-choose-news-fits-views.html

1 hour ago, woolley said:

A question frequently posed by those with no concept of self-determination for now, but more essentially for the future. 

1 hour ago, woody2 said:

did you miss it's all been moved into uk law and regulations......

No, I did not miss that it has been transferred into UK law which makes you whinging about EU laws and regulations all the more laughable because come Brexit you will still be required to comply with the same laws and regulations as you were in the past.

You miss the fact that the UK government has a habit of gold plating EU regulations.  I have mentioned several times on here before the EU regulations regarding maternity/paternity leave and pay, annual leave and the acquired rights directive.  The UK legislation provides more protection or benefit in every case when compared to the EU regulations which are blamed as hampering business.

From the European Parliament today:-

"Guy Verhofstadt, the parliament’s Brexit coordinator, who drafted that text, gave an impassioned speech that lacerated the British government’s record on citizens’ rights.

In a withering joke, Verhofstadt said that “instead of playing the angry Hulk”, Johnson should play “the caring nanny of the film of Mrs Doubtfire” – to better protect 4.5 million citizens facing the huge uncertainty of a no-deal Brexit.

Picking up on one key concern for the EU, Verhofstadt said the European parliament would never accept an agreement that would give the UK “all the advantages of free trade”, without aligning with European standards on social rights, environment and health.

“We are not stupid and we will not kill our own companies,” he said to cheers and boos. “We will defend our own economy and we’ll never accept Singapore by the North Sea.”
Verhofstadt’s crowd-pleasing lines were cheered by many MEPs, including British remainers. While the chamber was at best one-quarter full, the UK’s 73 MEPs were well-represented, with the Brexit divide on full display."

If the UK has a free trade deal it will never be truly free of the EU..Rules and Regs will apply for years to come whatever happens.

2 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

No, I did not miss that it has been transferred into UK law which makes you whinging about EU laws and regulations all the more laughable because come Brexit you will still be required to comply with the same laws and regulations as you were in the past.

You miss the fact that the UK government has a habit of gold plating EU regulations.  I have mentioned several times on here before the EU regulations regarding maternity/paternity leave and pay, annual leave and the acquired rights directive.  The UK legislation provides more protection or benefit in every case when compared to the EU regulations which are blamed as hampering business.

the uk will be free to remove anything it doesn't want......something it can't do under the unelected eu dictators......

3 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

From the European Parliament today:-

"Guy Verhofstadt, the parliament’s Brexit coordinator, who drafted that text, gave an impassioned speech that lacerated the British government’s record on citizens’ rights.

In a withering joke, Verhofstadt said that “instead of playing the angry Hulk”, Johnson should play “the caring nanny of the film of Mrs Doubtfire” – to better protect 4.5 million citizens facing the huge uncertainty of a no-deal Brexit.

Picking up on one key concern for the EU, Verhofstadt said the European parliament would never accept an agreement that would give the UK “all the advantages of free trade”, without aligning with European standards on social rights, environment and health.

“We are not stupid and we will not kill our own companies,” he said to cheers and boos. “We will defend our own economy and we’ll never accept Singapore by the North Sea.”
Verhofstadt’s crowd-pleasing lines were cheered by many MEPs, including British remainers. While the chamber was at best one-quarter full, the UK’s 73 MEPs were well-represented, with the Brexit divide on full display."

If the UK has a free trade deal it will never be truly free of the EU..Rules and Regs will apply for years to come whatever happens.

this is the same eu that refused to sort out citizens rights separately.......they don't give a stuff about people or business.......

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

this is the same eu that refused to sort out citizens rights separately.......they don't give a stuff about people or business.......

10 minutes ago, woody2 said:

Who cares? You will only get FT deal after a very long time and still be subject to EU rules. I have said before, the UK will end up with Protocol 3 for adults.

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Name one single piece of EU legislation that you are looking forward to not having to comply with after Brexit?

2 hours ago, woolley said:

A question frequently posed by those with no concept of self-determination for now, but more essentially for the future. 

1 hour ago, The Lurker said:

A question rarely answered though. 

That is because the question is totally spurious and always posed disingenuously. It's a lazy eye-catcher intended to make the EU look benign. I will offer an explanation by analogy, though.

If I have control over aspects of your life whereby I drive your actions and "pool" your free will with that of others, thus dictating the direction you take as a superior authority to yourself, does that sound like something that would be acceptable? Even if you had a share in the decision making? If the scope of this control increased with the passing decades to include yet more areas of your freedom to act independently, would you be comfortable with it? The minutiae of whether you object to specific deeds and initiatives is neither here nor there. It is the overarching principle, the direction of travel and the ultimate destination that you should find sinister.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

I actually agree with this. Too many idle hands, I would suggest. But at least it is something that is within our power to change.

42 minutes ago, Barrie Stevens said:

Who cares? You will only get FT deal after a very long time and still be subject to EU rules. I have said before, the UK will end up with Protocol 3 for adults.

merkel wants it to kick in even in "no deal".........

stop falling for the unelected eu dictators propaganda.......

55 minutes ago, woolley said:

That is because the question is totally spurious and always posed disingenuously. It's a lazy eye-catcher intended to make the EU look benign. I will offer an explanation by analogy, though.

If I have control over aspects of your life whereby I drive your actions and "pool" your free will with that of others, thus dictating the direction you take as a superior authority to yourself, does that sound like something that would be acceptable? Even if you had a share in the decision making? If the scope of this control increased with the passing decades to include yet more areas of your freedom to act independently, would you be comfortable with it? The minutiae of whether you object to specific deeds and initiatives is neither here nor there. It is the overarching principle, the direction of travel and the ultimate destination that you should find sinister.

You've just described national government, local government and every professional body in existence; we always have and always will be governed by 'superior' authorities which leads to the only possible conclusion that your objection to the EU is due to the presence of Johnny Foreigner within the legislature. 

I have no objection to the EU directing my life as I quite like having human rights, cleaner air and limitations on the hours I can be made to work; all three of which I have severe concerns for if the current shower in government maintain control post brexit.

The question is neither spurious nor disingenuous; and I have yet to hear anyone provide an example of a law that the UK has been forced to enact that they really want to see repealed. taking back control of our laws was one of the cornerstones of the leave argument but no one can provide me of an example of an actual piece of legislation that they want to be rid of. 

If you still refuse to name me a law then how about this; you state that the EU controls 'your freedom to act independently'

how has your freedom to act independently suffered? what can't you do now that you look forward to doing come brexit? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The extent to which the UK has freedom to act independently can only be revealed as time passes. 

9 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

I have no objection to the EU directing my life as I quite like having human rights, cleaner air and limitations on the hours I can be made to work; all three of which I have severe concerns for if the current shower in government maintain control post brexit.

So, we'll have less human rights whilst breathing dirtier air and forced to work all the hours god sends without the guiding hands of grey men in greyer suits issuing directives for their greater good.

Aren't you jumping the gun a tad here?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1