So the UK is finished says Theresa Mayhem

fatshaft

1 hour ago, mojomonkey said:

Will it ever end?

BBC News - Brexit: Boris Johnson will send extension letter - court document
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49936352

Just leave.

I'm not sure it ever will.

It's possible that the stupid brexit has polarised the UK even more than Thatcher did. And boy that's saying something! On Thatchers' demise there was a real, heartfelt and very considerable outpouring of hatred for her and everything she did. Especially the new UK political philosophy she developed that will forever define her tenure to wit: "They don't vote tory so fuck 'em...."

Now despite Thatcher completely ignoring it the government of the day have a duty of care to ALL of their citizens. Which brings us neatly on to the Maybot's WA that was put together by Weyand, Robbins and their teams. Brexit is a shit sandwich and everyone knows it. Because of "most favoured nation" clauses, WTO tariffs and a weak bargaining position compared to the 27 any trade deals the UK manages to sign up will never, ever be anything like as beneficial as we have now. So it was always going to be a damage limitation exercise.

It wasn't a bad effort by the Maybot but it was always doomed to failure because of the ERG wanting this:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/channel-four-tories-at-war-crispin-odey-1-6283173

Exit the Maybot and enter totally amoral narcissistic serial philanderer and inveterate liar Boris Johnson. Who hopes he can give the money what they want.

Personally I will always loathe and despise the brexiteers for deliberately limiting the opportunities my kids should have had as members of the EU.

ETA: @Declan   -  Must be something in the above you can take a pop at!

Edited by P.K.

The other day I sat at a bus stop and watched thousands of children coming out of school from King Edward VI Grammar School and Chelmsford County High for Girls (The latter being a highly rated high achiever school nationally)...

There were boys and girls of all races and mixed races and countries all walking and talking together whereas in my school days we had very few foreigners or people of colour so to speak. 

Those boys and girls had all grown together and are not so conscious of race and other differences. They were born into "diversity"...I still think it is wrong to leave the EU and deny them the opportunity to enjoy access to so many countries.

Also as I and many on MF are passing away if there is an EU problem it will fall to their generation to do something about it. They have no pre-Common Market memories. Unlike me they were not taught imperial history of conquest and glory. They see the EU and the mess our lot are making of the issue...I feel it is best to remain for the sake of the young people and their future as we have had ours. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, woolley said:

You are so indoctrinated it's now become caricature. EU supporter = intelligent. EU detractor = stupid. You can't see past that. 

You’re half right; I’ve met plenty of remainers who are far from intelligent. They just have to go to greater lengths to prove it