Wow! All those Brexiteers...

Albert Tatlock

Whatever the outcome I hope people accept that they are just applying British law to the situation. They are not brexiteers, remoaners, traitors, etc.

scum

You really are odd, why am i scum for asking people to respect the law of the land? Why can't you behave like an adult?

Parliament will now vote on it, taking the responsibility that they tried to avoid. I can't see them voting any other way than the public directed but it will be interesting.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

once the gov. conceded that triggering article 50 removed rights they had lost the case,

article 50 does not remove any rights

But article 50 is purely concerned with the process for triggering the exit process. The decision by the High Court is simply that the Government does not have the power to do that without the backing of Parliament. No rights are lost, it just needs a vote, which should be a formality.

I'm still waiting for an explanation as to why I'm scum.

wrong

the case was based on rights would be removed and only parliament can do that

Ok, if you say. Odd that all news sources and the legal ruling say what I've said. It is all somewhat irrelevant as a simple vote in Parliament resolves the issue.

Still waiting for an answer as to why you called me scum. Are you adult enough to explain yourself?

The fact that withdrawal from the EU would remove some existing domestic rights of UK residents also renders it impermissible for the government to withdraw from the EU Treaties without prior parliamentary authority

withdrawing from the eu does remove rights, article 50 does not, the gov. was wrong to say it did

Regardless of whether you are for or against eu, the decision has made he country look completely stupid, and will cost millions in tax payers money to resolve.

Yet it is the law of the land. Which is one of the corner stones of the whole Leave campaign.

Regardless of whether you are for or against eu, the decision has made he country look completely stupid, and will cost millions in tax payers money to resolve.

I agree but the people voted for Brexit so we've got to make the best of it.

Archived