Mindhorn

Tarne

I just spotted something on Twitter with Julian Barrett, Simon Farnaby, Russell Tovey and some others with the Laxey Wheel as a backdrop, and it turns out there was a film done here last year called Mindhorn.

"When MI5 Special Operative Bruce Mindhorn was captured in the late 1980s, his eye was replaced by a super-advanced optical lie detector, which meant he could literally “see the truth.” He escaped and fled to the Isle of Man, to recuperate in the island’s temperate microclimate, and today has become the best plain-clothes detective the island has ever seen."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/mindhorn-film-review-london-film-938037

Anyone seen it?

Edit: ah, doesn't appear to be out yet. Still, didn't even know about it til now.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I did some extras work on it.

Filmed in Caste Mona, Chasms, Niarbyl and Onchan. Seemed like a pretty random film to be honest.

There was a preview I think at London Film festival a couple of months ago, but it doesn't seem to have been released formally yet. Hopefully not a straight to DVD....

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Last night of Mindhorn at the Villa tonight and then it's moving to the Palace - it's REALLY funny, and best advert for the island I've seen in ages even through all the piss taking. 

Archived