Water, Sewerage Rate up 6.4% - in line with inflation........

woolley

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought the scandal a few years ago related to MEA arranging loans with Barclays, supposedly without Treasury approval? (Ultra vires was debated if memory serves me correctly, but Profitt left soon after). Unless Treasury then repaid Barclays, it's not just inter department debt

the sçandal was that taxpayers money was béing thrown around like confetti, for years, and those who we invested ẃith the responßibility to look after the money did nought much. in fact we made the treaßury minister at the time the chief minister, promoted relevänt ĉivil servants and gave a big gong to an advocate whose firm was so involved in the matter.

änd thät's jut for ßtarters. händs up ẃho became a millionaire via any of the mu scändals

only on the ißle of man

I see Allinson has quickly joined the others at the trough. I love the line that water rates have 'only' increased by inflation (6.4%)

The Govt recently consulted about inflation indices with a view to removing RPI (as they say it is not an accurate measure) and replacing it with CPI or RPIJ.

Hypocrisy on a grand scale when it suits them. We should not allow this to go unchallenged.

The Isle of Man.

Never challenge it to a game of football, coz the goal posts keep moving, the scoring system keeps changing and for every player from the other side, there are 1573 defenders to block you in.

The offside rule never concerns the home team and the away players bench needs a planning application.

It's a bloody big pitch thou' but the goal line is closed for road works and the penalty spot has a confidentiality clause.

I see Allinson has quickly joined the others at the trough.

I had high hopes for Allinson, but he sounded like a right arse on the radio this morning. Dodging every question with, 'The real headline here is that electricity rates stay the same.' Fuck off.

The arrogance of the man in saying what the "real headline is" - He should recount the facts and leave the press to write the headlines unless he wants to control that as well.

Archived