Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

Douglas Prom

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A northern tye centenary centre e.g music, theatre, film.... good. Some cultural heritage "visitor centre" thing...bad. The Island is turning into Night at the Museum

Why though. They already have a perfectly usable high school which can stage events that you would have in a centenary centre.

Is the school available every evening to stage events for a paying public? is the school proximate for bars and restaurants in town? is it licensed to sell alcohol? does it have purpose built seating for these events?

schools are useful but they aren't the answer

Any bars near Ramsey Court house still trading?

Mitre, just across Parliament St. God's Waiting Room.

Or Plough and Bar Logo and Stanley 5 min walk at most.

The Mitre is an excellent spot. They've done really well there.

The old Courthouse would make a good spot for a privately owned (not Brewery) licensed premises focused on food/afternoon teas etc in the day and evening almost along the model of the Courthouse in Douglas.

Whilst Nightlife might have been a shit hole in the latter years I think it is important to have a decent late night venue in the town.

Malarkey seems unable to get through a 3-minute interview, without getting defensive and angry. I wonder why?

He's taking the big bucks now, but can't deal with the flack.

Out of the hot tub and into the frying pan - so to speak

Any bars near Ramsey Court house still trading?

Mitre, which is right there, the Royal, the Commy, the Traf, the Stanley, are all the nearest walks. The Mitre/Traf are my haunts, when I go out which is stupidly rare.

Malarkey seems unable to get through a 3-minute interview, without getting defensive and angry. I wonder why?

He's taking the big bucks now, but can't deal with the flack.

Out of the hot tub and into the frying pan - so to speak

Couldn't have put it better myself. The civil servants will love him though. They'll keep just massaging his ego and put him out to dry.

It just shows the state of Manx politics when a knucklehead like Bill becomes a Minister.

What it actually shows is if you pay lip service to a load of people in Pulrose that couldn't be fucking arsed to use the Pinewood when it was open then it'll be enough to get you voted in.

Also Fitton fucked it up for himself too. Had he declared his hand at the right time (rather than last minute) he could probably have secured himself enough votes.

There was a general devastation in our hosue when Malarkey got back in.crying.gif

Putting a stage and seating in would be expensive and not really pay its way.

some steeldeck and a dozen pars would hardly break the bank....

That's not a theatre. That's a disco.

Archived