Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

Douglas Prom

My feeling is that this will be a long drawn out business with infighting between DHA, RTC and interested public groups.

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sympathetic to the cause, but it's unrealistic. Ramsey had a chance to do something community focused with the old Primary school site, and that was wasted. What exactly would the 'community space' be used for?

Just turn it into a good, family friendly pub and people would come from all over the island for a run out and some good food / family facilities.

I'm fond of Rhumsaa, but also in disagreement with him on this one, but I can't post that on the facebook group, because I'll just get slated by the mob.

If the people of Ramsey want it so much then they can crowdsource the money together themselves (but they won't). I don't care what it's used for, but it's just sat there empty like so many other buildings and if the private sector do something with it so be it. Good electioneering by Rhumsaa though, it's the kind of thing people remember. Future wannabe politicians take note - it doesn't matter what the outcome to it is, it just matters that he stuck himself out there.

I'm fond of Rhumsaa, but also in disagreement with him on this one, but I can't post that on the facebook group, because I'll just get slated by the mob.

If the people of Ramsey want it so much then they can crowdsource the money together themselves (but they won't). I don't care what it's used for, but it's just sat there empty like so many other buildings and if the private sector do something with it so be it. Good electioneering by Rhumsaa though, it's the kind of thing people remember. Future wannabe politicians take note - it doesn't matter what the outcome to it is, it just matters that he stuck himself out there.

The thing is RTC are completely willing to buy it and have never asked for it for free, it's always been a purchase.

What is so annoying about this is the way it's just gone out there without even discussing options with us, with an extra £100k+ on the valuation and a ridiculous self imposed time scale.

It's been sat empty for the past few months because Dept of Home Affairs have been waiting to see what they're going to do with it. RTC have had no opportunities to do anything with it - it's not ours!

Sympathetic to the cause, but it's unrealistic. Ramsey had a chance to do something community focused with the old Primary school site, and that was wasted. What exactly would the 'community space' be used for?

Just turn it into a good, family friendly pub and people would come from all over the island for a run out and some good food / family facilities.

Dept of Education sold the Albert Road site? I am not privy to discussions that happened at that time but not sure how it's Ramsey to blame?

Community space for me is a northern Erin Arts centre or smaller scale Centenary Centre. It's a facility for performances or exhibitions or workshops.

Good electioneering by Rhumsaa though, it's the kind of thing people remember. Future wannabe politicians take note - it doesn't matter what the outcome to it is, it just matters that he stuck himself out there.

For the record unless I have a huge change of heart in 4 years time this is certainly not electioneering laugh.png

An

............and creating a lively community/arts centre.

I hope not. They're usually a money pit full of cliquish wasters with no actual artistic skills.

I would hope that it could at least be owned by Ramsey and let out if needed so we don't lose control over the building.

And definitely not housing, as that is a one way trip.

Archived