Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

Douglas Prom

Is the interior layout listed, or might a bit of enlightened re-engineering of interior walls etc be permitted?

Flexible use of the space would be best

Looking at the pics on the Chrystals site the upper floor in the main body of the building appears to be a much later addition

It looks like the upper floor is a mezzanine addition. If that was removed then there may well be enough room to put raked seating and stage lighting in place.

and room for pole dancers......

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a Ramsey person and I agree, if you want it crowd source it. 450k is about what, 60 quid each for the 7300 residents. Plus the money to do it up. Oh yeah, can totally see that happening...

Communal use? Drop it, grass and landscape it, welcome greenspace amongst the Chinese granite.

We don't need or want a Ramsey Castle Mona?

I can't help feeling this would have been discussed when Heron and Brearley/ Mannin Retail did the deal over the Post Office Moving into their SPAR shop in Parliament Street.

There is no mention of the grounds and granite in Chrystal's description. So presumably IOM government will still be paying for the upkeep and maintenance of those.

I can't help feeling this would have been discussed when Heron and Brearley/ Mannin Retail did the deal over the Post Office Moving into their SPAR shop in Parliament Street.

There is no mention of the grounds and granite in Chrystal's description. So presumably IOM government will still be paying for the upkeep and maintenance of those.

RTC currently maintain the grounds. Happy to do so too as it helps make the town look lovely.

I know a couple of people have queried the grounds being in the sale and Chrystals are having to check with the Gov.

Rhumsaa - what's in the rooms either side of the main building? The Chrystals' description and lack of photographs on their website are both appalling.

ETA: The online plan is unreadable.

From memory when I poked around the other month there are a couple of smaller rooms, nothing fancy

Putting a stage and seating in would be expensive and not really pay its way. In this day and age it might be worth creating some small studios in the space (just small rooms with decent lighting and suitably coloured walls) so that the younger generation could create Internet content in them.

I'd really rather see the building stay in the hands of the people of Ramsey. Crowd-funding is viable (I'd certainly contribute a chunk). Moreso if the price reflected the actual property value.

Is the interior layout listed, or might a bit of enlightened re-engineering of interior walls etc be permitted?

Flexible use of the space would be best

Looking at the pics on the Chrystals site the upper floor in the main body of the building appears to be a much later addition

It looks like the upper floor is a mezzanine addition. If that was removed then there may well be enough room to put raked seating and stage lighting in place.

and room for pole dancers......

This would work. The Polish would feel right at home in a courthouse (probably on assault charges).

A northern tye centenary centre e.g music, theatre, film.... good. Some cultural heritage "visitor centre" thing...bad. The Island is turning into Night at the Museum

Why though. They already have a perfectly usable high school which can stage events that you would have in a centenary centre.

Archived