Ramsey Courthouse For Sale

Douglas Prom

Good electioneering by Rhumsaa though, it's the kind of thing people remember. Future wannabe politicians take note - it doesn't matter what the outcome to it is, it just matters that he stuck himself out there.

For the record unless I have a huge change of heart in 4 years time this is certainly not electioneering laugh.png

You'd be a shoe in Sir!

• Replies 760
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the Courthouse main room is smaller than the CC

I suppose I am just saying that simply because it's a smaller space it doesn't preclude it from being used as a community arts centre?

I think the Courthouse main room is smaller than the CC

I suppose I am just saying that simply because it's a smaller space it doesn't preclude it from being used as a community arts centre?

I've only been in the main room when it was being used as a court. It's a fair size. There are three or 4 rooms behind to use as dressing rooms etc.

I'm not sure of ceiling height. The space above the former police station has an upstairs, the inspectors room, the court room had a false suspended ceiling all the time I ever appeared there. You need quite a high ceiling if to are to have either raked seating or room above any stage area to suspend lighting etc.

Good electioneering by Rhumsaa though, it's the kind of thing people remember. Future wannabe politicians take note - it doesn't matter what the outcome to it is, it just matters that he stuck himself out there.

For the record unless I have a huge change of heart in 4 years time this is certainly not electioneering laugh.png

You'd be a shoe in Sir!

You would in the Keys

Not sure the good doctor is really enjoying himself

Is the interior layout listed, or might a bit of enlightened re-engineering of interior walls etc be permitted?

Flexible use of the space would be best

Looking at the pics on the Chrystals site the upper floor in the main body of the building appears to be a much later addition

I had a toodle up to the Northern Territories at lunch time and caught Talking Heads again.

The dominant story was this one.

A couple of observations:

Bill Malarkey - it sends shudders down my spine that he got the vote in my area and we have to listen to his patronising voice. It's painful stuff and he is out of his depth.

David Quirk - as irritating as he is he actually made a couple of good points about Ramsey and the commissioners getting their act together. His point about the Marina was particularly accurate but we all know who one the big objectors behind that was (he couldn't stand that there might be some commercial development needed too).

Some guy called in adamant that this was a big conspiracy and that it's a done deal to put Nightlife in there. I'm not sure if he was particularly aware of their business model (which is shutting rather than opening) and that they have two large former public houses within 30 yards. Why would the brewery spend £800k plus (which is what it would take) when their model for pubs etc clearly hasn't worked in general?

Is the interior layout listed, or might a bit of enlightened re-engineering of interior walls etc be permitted?

Looking at the pics on the Chrystals site the upper floor in the main body of the building appears to be a much later addition

It looks like the upper floor is a mezzanine addition. If that was removed then there may well be enough room to put raked seating and stage lighting in place.

No the interior is not registered

You'd be a shoe in Sir!

You would in the Keys

Not sure the good doctor is really enjoying himself

I think Dr Allinson is doing a decent job considering the position he's been put in. I am not sure I could be an MHK.

Archived