PRIMAL SCREAM VILLA SHOW

Triskel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A failed covers band says Woody. Name a single cover version Primal Scream have actually released. I can't think of one.

Some Velvet Morning.

Slip inside this House

Plus a few garage punk tunes on B-sides ...

I'm 5 years Ahead of My Time

96 Tears

Most recently a brilliant cover of Mantra For A State Of Mind

http://www.stereogum.com/1871459/primal-scream-mantra-for-a-state-of-mind-sexpress-cover-feat-spiritualizeds-jason-pierce/mp3s/

They were going to play here with Paloma Faith, Johnny Marr et al (eta Davi Knowoles too I see), for something called the Isle of Man Festival in 2013.

Pity that didn't go ahead. I see it is a gamble but the thought was certainly there.

Hope you don't mind me posting this blatant plug here:

http://www.triskelpromo.com/primal-scream/

Am being a bit rubbish uploading the poster

PS-FB-Portrait.jpg?resize=728%2C1024

Who's the support. An MLC's youngfella I wonder?

(nought wrong with the lad, but I get the definite feeling that his postman daddy-cum-MHK-cum-MLC has pulled some strings and opened some doors along the way)

A failed covers band says Woody. Name a single cover version Primal Scream have actually released. I can't think of one.

Some Velvet Morning.

Slip inside this House

Plus a few garage punk tunes on B-sides ...

I'm 5 years Ahead of My Time

96 Tears

I wasn't asking you, I knew you'd know a couple. While I was posing the question I was thinking there was one on screamadelica

Ha! Fair enough. Still, 4 covers from 10 albums is hardly a 'failed covers band', unless you take it literally.

Be interesting to see what kind of set list they're playing with at the moment. Wasn't too impressed with Chaosmosis to start with, it was a bit 'poppy' but it has grown on me, there are a couple of really cool tracks on it. The darker albums with Mani on are my favourites though, XTRMNTR is an astonishing piece of work.

The are undeniably a talented band. Quite what they'll think playing to a half empty Villa Marina and I'm not sure what the atmosphere will be like but good to have them here. I'll get down there for a boogie.

Archived