Flybe nosedives on profits warning

Andy Onchan

I fully expect Stobart Air to fill the gap. There is almost a precedent for this last February when BMI Regional collapsed. Loganair then cherry picked some of the assets and better performing routes - both BMI Regional and Loganair shared a common parent company (Airline Investments Limited). 

Loganair were then free to carry on operating without any of the debts or problems that had been saddled on BMI Regional. Is it morally right? Not sure. But it's happened before and it could easily happen again. 

I imagine Liverpool must be fairly appetizing for them - nice juicy Government contract for the hospital transfers. Possibly Manchester too for connections to the Virgin/Delta/Air France network, but that could change if Easy Jet decide to muscle in on the route. 

2 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

I fully expect Stobart Air to fill the gap. There is almost a precedent for this last February when BMI Regional collapsed. Loganair then cherry picked some of the assets and better performing routes - both BMI Regional and Loganair shared a common parent company (Airline Investments Limited). 

Loganair were then free to carry on operating without any of the debts or problems that had been saddled on BMI Regional. Is it morally right? Not sure. But it's happened before and it could easily happen again. 

I imagine Liverpool must be fairly appetizing for them - nice juicy Government contract for the hospital transfers. Possibly Manchester too for connections to the Virgin/Delta/Air France network, but that could change if Easy Jet decide to muscle in on the route. 

Stobart are owned by Connect Airways and their assets are in third party hands. In the event that they can somehow get their hands on the assets I doubt they have the financial resources to take on many routes.

FlyBMI called in the Administrators but I suspect the slots might have been in AIL name?

Loganair would be my guess to take over some of the routes. Let's hope that Peter Simpson (Ex Manx Airlines & Chairman of AIL) has IOM in his sights.

4 hours ago, foxdaleliberationfront said:

...that could change if Easy Jet decide to muscle in on the route. 

I can’t see EasyJet operating to Liverpool and Manchester. And would they have an available aircraft to operate the Manchester rotation. 

Edited by Uhtred

32 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I can’t see EasyJet operating to Liverpool and Manchester. And would they have an available aircraft to operate the Manchester rotation. 

They have 19 or so based there so the idea doesn't seem impossible. They also fly to Jersey from both Liverpool and Manchester. Any Easy Jet flights would be nowhere near the five times a day pattern of FlyMayBe at the moment. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Did they make you late for a hot date at some point in the past, GD4? You seem to be cheering on their demise on a monthly basis.

Not cheering at all, just commenting.

It's a ruse by Cyrus..... using COVID-19 as an excuse for a UKG bailout.

Oi Cyrus!..... put your hands in yer pockets yer tight-fisted gits! Or wave bye-bye to your reputation and investment on this side of the pond.

ETA: I see Delta have applied to FAA permission for a codeshare agreement with FlyBe. If they have the time and inclination for that then they have the dosh to keep FlyBe in the air.

Edited by Andy Onchan

On 2/4/2020 at 1:10 PM, Uhtred said:

Easyjet have applied to operate Manchester and the government refused.

If Flybe go under they'll operate both Liverpool and Manchester.

• Thanks 1