A polite reminder to cyclists

llap

When the light is red, that means you stop. It doesn't mean you continue past the stop sign in front of pedestrians crossing the road and then do a 90 degree turn in front of them and start cycling over the pavement. 

8 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I wonder who the first person to go "I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY'RE CYCLING OVER THE MOUNTAIN WHEN ITS ONE WAY" will be this year

Well it is a pretty fucking stupid thing to do. It's only a matter of time until one of them gets a motorbike up their ass. 

1 hour ago, llap said:

When the light is red, that means you stop. It doesn't mean you continue past the stop sign in front of pedestrians crossing the road and then do a 90 degree turn in front of them and start cycling over the pavement. 

Crossing at a pedestrian crossing is so lame, just walk out in the road wearing headphones without looking and expect traffic to slow like all the other dawdlers.

1 minute ago, j2bad said:

Crossing at a pedestrian crossing is so lame, just walk out in the road wearing headphones without looking and expect traffic to slow like all the other dawdlers.

Cycling is even more lame.

11 minutes ago, j2bad said:

Traffic should slow. Towns are for people not cars. I try to avoid pedestrian crossings because most pedestrian crossings are built at junctions so you have to look three or four ways to cross whereas if you cross further along you only have to look left or right. You walk along look for a space then cross you don't have to wait for some lazy sod in a car to wave  you across like he's doing you a favour. Pedestrian crossings exist to benefit drivers not pedestrians. Every road in town should be a de facto zebra crossing. 

8 hours ago, llap said:

almost as bad as the morons crossing the road taking more notice of their mobile phones than the traffic. Natural de-selection at it's best

On 5/20/2017 at 0:49 PM, llap said:

You will be wanting me to stop cycling the wrong way down one way streets next. or stopping at the red light dismounting, walk bike across corner of pavement to left directional lane (legal as a pedestrian) remount in the direction I wish to travel, and away I go. No problemo.

Archived