TT 2017

woody2

Just now, manxb&b said:

I notice you say 'apparently', probably because you wouldn't know the actual truth if it punched you in your sad bitter little face. If it doesn't agree with your narrow jaundiced view of the world then in your view it is neither fact or truth. Get over yourself Dick!

So motor cycle accidents during high performance races do not result in death or serious injury?

That is neither a view or opinion, that is a fact, whether it fits your view or opinion.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

Other than it being factual, and highlighting how dangerous the event is.

Not really.  It's nothing to do with the incident.  It is pointless reporting to try and sensationalise someone having a spill and having a suspected broken leg.

16 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

You mean facts and the truth?

Typical TT "uber fan" attempt to censor the truth about the dangers of the event through ad hominem attacks.

I certainly wouldn't seek to hide how dangerous road racing is Richard.

If JM had had his spill at the same spot MMT was killed I kind of understand the commentary.  It's relevant.

But this report was about JM's spill.  They add in that line about MMT.  They might as well list all 17 people that have died there.  It's just not relevant to the article.    If they want to write about the 17 deaths, no problem with that.  Write an article and publish it.  

Just now, RIchard Britten said:

So motor cycle accidents during high performance races do not result in death or serious injury?

That is neither a view or opinion, that is a fact, whether it fits your view or opinion.

Yes, you're right of course, if nobody died during motorcycle races we'ed all live for ever. Nobody ever dies from anything else after all. As for your hilarious meme' the post is about the NW200, not the TT, but don't let that get in the way of your pathetic whining.

7 minutes ago, notwell said:

I certainly wouldn't seek to hide how dangerous road racing is Richard.

If JM had had his spill at the same spot MMT was killed I kind of understand the commentary.  It's relevant.

But this report was about JM's spill.  They add in that line about MMT.  They might as well list all 17 people that have died there.  It's just not relevant to the article.    If they want to write about the 17 deaths, no problem with that.  Write an article and publish it.  

Maybe (and I can't speak for the motives of the article writer) they included the most recent casualty to illustrate that it is dangerous and how relatively lucky JM was to "walk away" with just the injuries he had.

5 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Just re-read the article linked (after only having scanned it earlier), and unless it has been edited, there is no mention of anyone dying.

I noted that yesterday, I just assumed notwell was trolling to get the annual pro/anti argument rolling. 

6 minutes ago, RIchard Britten said:

Just re-read the article linked (after only having scanned it earlier), and unless it has been edited, there is no mention of anyone dying.

Maybe this is the article you were thinking of:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39855523

I copied the line directly from that article. I notice it has been updated and hopefully vindicates my original point.

Archived