TT 2017

woody2

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Wasps4Sale said:

I heard Honda withdrew their bikes from the event on safety grounds, throttle jammed open on McGuiness's bike?

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/tt-road-races/2017/may/nw200-honda-withdraw-guy-martin-from-superstock-race/

Withdrawn because the bike is still quarantined after the crash and they haven't had time to check it over to determine the issue was.

2 hours ago, notwell said:

I just don't really feel that the initial report needed to include what was , IMHO, irrelevant information to the story at hand.

For whatever reason that line has now been removed.  Perhaps someone reviewed the article and realised the same.

Like in any news story, there are lots of things included that it could be argued are irrelevant, depending on what you think the story is about. E.g. His number of TT wins, the number of Joey Dunlop's TT wins, the fact that Joey Dunlop is dead, the fact that he dislocated a thumb previously, how much of the practice session remained, the number of races left, which other races took place that day, how long his career has been, his nationality.

29 minutes ago, quilp said:

We've had this 'argument' before, when the story came out about that other unfortunate being decapitated. What's new? 

Apparently it's now been decide that bikers are such precious snowflakes that they must be shielded from any inconvenient details that might upset them and the entire internet must be made a safe space for them lest they be traumatised.  All media articles related to racing must be vetted for biking political correctness so that only approved sentiments are expressed and no more.  Otherwise the poor dears will be very, very upset.

It's not the usual impression I get of bikers - but what do I know?

Archived