Samphire Closed?

ans

Anyone know what's happened to Samphire? I saw some comments on FB about it closing at short notice and their page seems to have been removed? I know one of their directors tragically died earlier this year but I thought they were doing well and carrying on.

Not interested in any muckraking, I'm only asking as I was planning on booking a meal there in August so if this is just an ownership change, I guess they'll be reopening, but if not I'll find somewhere else. 

https://www.facebook.com/Samphire-Restaurant-Bistro-324099504443747/

35 minutes ago, war baby said:

That's a great pity.  In my opinion it was the best little restaurant on the island.

I believe there has been a lot of behind the scenes wrangling going on since the main shareholder died. It doesn't surprise me that it's now closed. It is a shame as it is a lovely place to eat. 

I agree that the food and staff were exceptional but the only downside was that the way it was furnished it tended to be very echo-y when there were a lot of noisy people in there.

Twice we had meals in there when there were large parties in celebrating something and our table of 4 couldn't hear each other due to the noise.

Shame it's closed though

I agree about the noise levels, that was due to the 'live' surfaces... and the folk having a good time.  But the many plus points outweighed this.  I thought the 'one price' menu chalked up on the black board was a great idea with perfectly cooked fresh fish.  I just hope it's not going to end up as yet another burger and chips joint.

• 2 months later...

Archived