Ed Sheeran - I don't get it?

Craig King

I have to say the guy is handy enough with a guitar and clever with the pedals and that, and he can sing lyrics very fast, but even so, I just don't get the super stardom.

Please enlighten me. (I realise I am in a minority of probably one, which is why I ask)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Craig King said:

I have to say the guy is handy enough with a guitar and clever with the pedals and that, and he can sing lyrics very fast, but even so, I just don't get the super stardom.

Please enlighten me. (I realise I am in a minority of probably one, which is why I ask)

Make that a minority of at least three.

51 minutes ago, Tarne said:

He nailed Sailor Twift and that basically cemented him as a star. Oh, and he actually seems a pretty decent person compared to stars such as the Kardashians or R Kelly. 

I think he went through her backing singers too.:lol:  Fair play to him.  It just shows you what fame can do for you when you look like you should live under a bridge (as a certain poster here probably should).

He seems like a nice fell and makes some decent music.  Good luck to him.

He's not my cup of tea but I don't think I'm in his target demographic. I suspect that those posting on this thread aren't in that demographic either. I don't understand whinging about music, if you don't like something you aren't forced to listen to it.

2 hours ago, mojomonkey said:

if you don't like something you aren't forced to listen to it.

Please don't get me wrong.

I don't particularly like jazz or brass bands or punk rock, but I see where the attraction is, and so be it. I also see where Ed Sheeran is coming from, and very good it is too. Like grown up teenage angst for young and not so young grown ups. I'm happy enough with that, but it's the super stardom - headlining Glastonbury and 9 hits in the top 10 etc.

I'm not knocking the guy for a minute.

All the songs sound the same to me too. But I said that about death metal and countless other genres, including that 1990s Manchester phase. But death metal and all the rest were never this big. And this is just one guy.

Where does it all end?

7 minutes ago, Craig King said:

Please don't get me wrong.

I don't particularly like jazz or brass bands or punk rock, but I see where the attraction is, and so be it. I also see where Ed Sheeran is coming from, and very good it is too. Like grown up teenage angst for young and not so young grown ups. I'm happy enough with that, but it's the super stardom - headlining Glastonbury and 9 hits in the top 10 etc.

I'm not knocking the guy for a minute.

All the songs sound the same to me too. But I said that about death metal and countless other genres, including that 1990s Manchester phase. But death metal and all the rest were never this big. And this is just one guy.

Where does it all end?

He will disappear as quickly as he appeared just like every other band/musician.

Archived