Premiership 2017/18

Rhumsaa

On 5/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, Neil Down said:

Not at all. If you don't perform at work, it's you that gets sacked not your line manager.

Unless you're a civil servant in which case you get a transfer and your manager gets promotion.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/16/2018 at 8:10 PM, Declan said:

He didn’t save them from relegation - they were 13th when he took over. 

They ended up a poor 8th given the amount they spent and their stature that’s underachievement. 

Disingenuous. They were dropping like a stone and they certainly did take on Allardyce because they feared relegation. "They" spent the money, not him. He had to work with the bunch of misfits that Koeman had bought. Did very well under difficult circumstances. They are at about the level they could ever hope to be for an average journeyman club.

13 minutes ago, woolley said:

Disingenuous. They were dropping like a stone and they certainly did take on Allardyce because they feared relegation. "They" spent the money, not him. He had to work with the bunch of misfits that Koeman had bought. Did very well under difficult circumstances. They are at about the level they could ever hope to be for an average journeyman club.

But Everton aren’t an average journeyman club. They are one of the most successful clubs in the country, with a large fan base. 

Allardyce probably took the job knowing he’d go at the end of the season. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

But Everton aren’t an average journeyman club. They are one of the most successful clubs in the country, with a large fan base. 

Allardyce probably took the job knowing he’d go at the end of the season. 

Do you see them bigger than any of the clubs who finished above them besides Burnley? I don't.

4 minutes ago, woolley said:

Do you see them bigger than any of the clubs who finished above them besides Burnley? I don't.

They’re bigger than Spurs, and but for the oligarchs and sheikhs they’d be bigger than Chelsea and City. 

But even if they weren’t there’s no reason they can’t finish above the worst of the big six. Last season they got 61 points that’s only two less than Arsenal got this. 

33 minutes ago, Declan said:

They’re bigger than Spurs, and but for the oligarchs and sheikhs they’d be bigger than Chelsea and City. 

But even if they weren’t there’s no reason they can’t finish above the worst of the big six. Last season they got 61 points that’s only two less than Arsenal got this. 

I don't think they are bigger than City. Long term attendance figures would suggest City over Everton, but I realise there are other measures.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 9:11 PM, woolley said:

I don't think they are bigger than City. Long term attendance figures would suggest City over Everton, but I realise there are other measures.

They are bigger than City. Their catchment area for fans is a lot bigger and they still have a decent worldwide following held over from the 80's. City can't sell out their own ground for a big Champions League game when they have the most expensive squad on earth and the best manager in the world.    

They are probably on a par with Spurs now due to them being in the capital and the ever increasing population there but with a bit of success Everton would easily sell out 50k every week.

Archived