Premiership 2017/18

Rhumsaa

Yeah even after spending all that money in the summer I only saw us solidifying as a top 6/7 club.

You might be right that there was too much churn of players at once and too much of a style shift in the types of players we've brought in.

Koeman can't just have stopped being a good coach over the summer and Unsworth isn't a long term successor with that squad but I am wondering who can come in and steady the ship.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

How do you fancy Slaven Bilic in charge?

not after the way he shafted Everton with his retirement from his playing career

also he didn't really impress me at West Ham

I'm nearly 1994 and 1998 worried level, and have got no idea who the manager should be, was thinking Unsey till end of season, but now don't think we can wait that long.

On paper the players we've got should be good enough, but none have properly turned up this season, and they're not playing as a team.

June was ace with a player arriving what felt like every day, but was downhill from there. Soon as they started kicking balls competitively...

COYB

28 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

I'm nearly 1994 and 1998 worried level, and have got no idea who the manager should be, was thinking Unsey till end of season, but now don't think we can wait that long.

On paper the players we've got should be good enough, but none have properly turned up this season, and they're not playing as a team.

June was ace with a player arriving what felt like every day, but was downhill from there. Soon as they started kicking balls competitively...

COYB

I hated us spending money, it never seems to work for Everton and we always seem to do better with diamonds in the rough like Tim Cahill.

I feel a right mug being optimistic 3 months ago when I look at the team now and all I see is a load of slow number 10's

1 hour ago, b4mbi said:

COYB

I’m no fan of Barton really but he is bang on the money about Unsworth. He will take Everton down. 

They spent poorly in the summer. And I think they are caught in the classic trap of over achieving for a season and then getting delusional ideas that they can kick on. 

They wasted big money on Sigurdsson which should have gone on a pacey winger and forward.   They also really should have  bought another centre back because Williams and Jagielka are not good enough. 

I suppose you could argue Barkley and Bolassie will be a boost when back but it looks dire at the moment.   Worrying times. 

Bolassie will be like a new signing assuming he can return to full fitness and regain his pace - no guarantees there. Same with Coleman.

Unsworth needs to be kept at the club as he's got massive passion and clearly has talent by the U-23's success. But you're right, he's not the right man at this time.

It feels like a deeper problem within the squad. I think we've got a team of old heads and youngsters and not enough players "in their prime" with pace, well.... not good enough ones anyway.

1 hour ago, notwell said:

I’m no fan of Barton really but he is bang on the money about Unsworth. He will take Everton down. 

They spent poorly in the summer. And I think they are caught in the classic trap of over achieving for a season and then getting delusional ideas that they can kick on. 

They wasted big money on Sigurdsson which should have gone on a pacey winger and forward.   They also really should have  bought another centre back because Williams and Jagielka are not good enough. 

I suppose you could argue Barkley and Bolassie will be a boost when back but it looks dire at the moment.   Worrying times. 

Hard to argue against above, but Pickford was decent signing, and hope Keane will be once he gets a reliable CD partner. Not sure funes mori fills that role...

Barkley (if he is sufficiently motivated), Coleman and Bolassie will be big boost when returning.

Only now you see the value of Gareth Barry last season.

Williams is having a total mare this season, and old father time has caught up with Jags.

The squad is unbalanced and transfer window can't come quick enough, but on this form, who is going to want to come to Everton? and also without a manager, who's deciding who to buy?

Car crash of a season so far, only slightly mitigated by a very difficult run of fixtures at start of season and list of injuries. However, still glad Koeman left. 

Archived