Premiership 2017/18

Rhumsaa

9 hours ago, woolley said:

I'm United (you'd never guess) and there have been big improvements this year. There needed to be and Mourinho is a proven winner with a plan. With an injury free squad to choose from, they can beat anyone on their day.

However, I don't think it's realistic to deny that City are in a league of their own at the moment and they are a joy to watch sweeping forward. I believe DeBruyne is one of the three best players in the world.

Explain Lukaku then... Just as he did at Neverton, he goes awol during big games

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In defense of Lukaku he was playing in a 6-3-.-1 formation and didn't have any support. Everyone knows that if you attack Liverpool and leave space then they'll attack you right back hard and Mourinho was obviously scared of this, but equally Liverpool's defense is so dodgy and Utds attack seemingly clicking that it would have been much more fun if Utd had shown some balls.

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Explain Lukaku then... Just as he did at Neverton, he goes awol during big games

I've been impressed with him since his arrival, but in general I'm not a fan. He seems to have worked hard at United as evidenced by the stats, but I've always thought him a lazy player except when he's trying to impress for a better contract or a move. I was surprised at Mourinho taking him on again, particularly at that price, after showing him the door at Chelsea. He is physically strong, and scoring goals can't lie. It's a question of will he keep it up though. Jury still out for me.

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

In defense of Lukaku he was playing in a 6-3-.-1 formation and didn't have any support. Everyone knows that if you attack Liverpool and leave space then they'll attack you right back hard and Mourinho was obviously scared of this, but equally Liverpool's defense is so dodgy and Utds attack seemingly clicking that it would have been much more fun if Utd had shown some balls.

You would think any decent team playing against Liverpools dodgy defence would go for it. As Woolley rightly states, he is a lazy player

On 14/10/2017 at 8:58 PM, Declan said:

To be fair our 80's style wasn't out and out attack like Klopp plays it. It was keep possession pass it around between defence and midfield then build attacks slowly, until the defensive structure of the opponents cracked. 

Not so much parking the bus as keeping the ball on our bus and waiting for the other bus to move. 

On 14/10/2017 at 11:16 PM, Neil Down said:

We are talking “pre Stevie G” bollock brain.

Make your fucking minds up testicle heads.

More importantly will Stokes make the Ashes?

12 minutes ago, Declan said:

Stevie G was born in 1980. So influential as he is, he didn't have much impact on our "80's style". 

And joined Liverpool in 1989 - I think. Not that I care that much you understand. Actually I don't care at all. I just take the piss out of Liverpool because a mate is a big fan.

Absolutely disgraceful time of year though. Page after page of reportage on minority sports like football and our brave lads headed for Australia and an Ashes series don't even get a mention.

David Warner gave Rooty a slap on tour and all he got was a 2 match ban.

Outrageous what they're doing to Stokes. So he was out boozing late and got in a fracas. Don't the ECB realise that he's gone up in Aussie estimation...?

Archived