Premiership 2017/18

Rhumsaa

Kick off is this Friday

Surprised there hasn't been a thread started already.

Who is going to win it?

I reckon Man City will come good this year

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hard to say at the moment.  Can't see beyond City, Chelsea or United for the league.

I'd have fancied Spurs but they are moving to Wembley and i doubt they will have a home record like last season whilst they are there.

I still think there is a bit of business to be done but clearly with the amount of money being spent some teams are looking quite a bit different to last season.

Seems very early to be starting the season to me. Championship started last week! 

Crazy amounts of money for players this summer. Wonder how much Barca will have to pay for coutinho? Gotta be over £100m surely. I'll be very sad to see him go, and if he does Liverpool will end up 6th, but if he stays they should be in the top 3. They paid a lot for Salah, but since the market has gone utterly mental since then that's now looking like a bargain. Not happy with how they conducted themselves over VVD, very poor behaviour.

Everton have done some good business, and should put some pressure on the top 6. Arsenal will be themselves, Spurs will hopefully struggle at Wembley, Chelsea wont have it so easy and City might end up being really fucking good. 

And then we get to THEM. Fuck Mourinho and fuck his fucking bus. Miserable shit football, worse than Stoke and West Brom, ugly ugly ugly. Things not going tour way? Hoof it to Felaini. Brilliant. 

I'm going to say Liverpool. 

Because I always say Liverpool. 

Not sure about the other positions, not paid much attention to the shenanigans in close season, don't even know who is the new Arsenal manager. 

I think they should not announce any transfers until the transfer window shuts and play all August behind closed doors, and just issue a league table on the first of September and a list of transfers and managerial changes. 

Hard to call at the moment.  

Chelsea - Have they got the strength in depth to compete in the Premier League and Champions League?  They have not really added players.  Those coming in have seen other players allowed to move on.  Costa could be an interesting situation for them to handle.  

Arsenal - Have they sorted out the mental problems that seem to bring them down at the business end of each season?  

Manchester City - Added plenty of players this time around.  If there defence gels then they should probably be favourites (as much as they galls me)

Manchester United - The squad has been strengthened and the potential for disruption from Rooney has now gone.  Barring one player Mourinho probably has the squad he wants now.

Liverpool - Seem to have added some capable players and they wont lose Mane on international duty this year.  Losing Coutinho would be a blow for them and I am not convinced they have the strength in depth and still do not have a top quality goalkeeper.  The possible lack of champions league football may help them.  

Tottenham - Not added anything to their team as yet and the move to Wembley could be a disadvantage.  I think they will fall away this year unless they make signing soon.

I think it will be 1. Manchester City, 2. Manchester United, 3. Chelsea, 4. Liverpool, 5. Everton, 6. Tottenham

(This is an entire guess and I reserve the right to deny any of this) :)

38 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Seems very early to be starting the season to me. Championship started last week! 

Crazy amounts of money for players this summer. Wonder how much Barca will have to pay for coutinho? Gotta be over £100m surely. I'll be very sad to see him go, and if he does Liverpool will end up 6th, but if he stays they should be in the top 3. They paid a lot for Salah, but since the market has gone utterly mental since then that's now looking like a bargain. Not happy with how they conducted themselves over VVD, very poor behaviour.

Everton have done some good business, and should put some pressure on the top 6. Arsenal will be themselves, Spurs will hopefully struggle at Wembley, Chelsea wont have it so easy and City might end up being really fucking good. 

And then we get to THEM. Fuck Mourinho and fuck his fucking bus. Miserable shit football, worse than Stoke and West Brom, ugly ugly ugly. Things not going tour way? Hoof it to Felaini. Brilliant. 

To be fair they were contesting another final and against the best club side in the world (by a distance too).

Liverpool will have to play more than 38 competitive games this season so will find it harder I suspect.  It's easy when you've one game a week, no travelling, and relatively few injuries.

"Things not going your way? Hoof it " - or he could do what Klopp does which is nothing which results, surprisingly, in nothing changing. (and winning nothing).

Horses for courses.  Liverpool had it easy last year.

Archived